Site Sponsors

Thread: K5 Price Drop

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

K5 Price Drop

There was a $100 price drop and $300 instant rebate (until 30 Nov 11) announced today on the K5. This tips the K5 a little more back into my favor for what will essentially be 2/3 the price of the A77 with RAW support right now. Kinda wanna see what the EVF will be like in person though first though.
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: K5 Price Drop

Nice price drop, not bad - not bad at all.
    But if you have not decided yet, better wait for the A77 to arrive.
    I wonder though why the price drop ? New model coming soon ?

Kind regards.
    Bart ...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know... Just saw it on Facebook and noticed that B&H dropped their price too. Now the reality is that I've seen the price within $50 of this so it's not THAT huge really but if I manage to catch it in the $1000 range I might just jump on it. The lenses are nice and the M9 is still going to be the main camera. Just want something that can zoom/ autofocus (when needed) with a larger sensor/ great optics beyond the mirrorless stuff. May just stick with the G1 and wait it out or sell the NEX5 and get a NEX7 since it's in the same price range and has most of the A77 features. Who knows... It's a different story with me everyday.

Post Thanks / Like

Its still at 1199.00. Thats the lowest i have seen for this body. Pentax USA just caught up to everyone else, thats all. This discount is only from them on full retail.
    Joe

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

That's the cheapest I've seen too but I've seen the body for $1249 before. So If I see it hit closer to $1000 or so I may jump on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have been waiting patiently as I sold my K20D over a year and a half ago, orphaning my lenses. At around $1000 at www.buy.com with 3.5% fatwallet.com rebate, the price dropped under $1000, my target for this excellent camera. I was tempted by Sony Nex but didn't like the handling of the 5N. So this is going to be my compact camera for a while. Always liked Pentax, going back to ME and MX days.

Post Thanks / Like

This tells me that a replacement is coming pretty soon. Should have 24MP then I guess

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I was thinking the same, but I'd rather have good ISO performance and dynamic range over resolution. It's plenty and I use other cameras (full frame)/backs (P65+) for high resolution.
    Last edited by engel001; 21st October 2011 at 18:04.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Likewise here, I have a 645D for my high resolution purposes. I use my K-5 for quick grab shots and night sky work. I don't want any additional loss of noise performance with a higher pixel sensor. In fact, for night sky work the new 18 meg FF Canon sensor with ISO capability up to 200K, seems awfully interesting. There might be a Canon body in my future once again.

Post Thanks / Like

Price is now 729 plus a 90 cashback offer in the UK so that's 639. Half price sale it seems.