The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Q

raist3d

High contrast experiment… the first are all JPEGs out of camera using Smart filter B&W high contrast set to the max (other than the obvious resize down). The last one is from RAW.

Reminds me of Adobe-something…

from RAW:

- Ricardo

raist3d

Today's dose of street life- color edition

Self portrait - and note- this is *not the bokeh control mode* - this is the natural bokeh of the prime lens. No flash, using natural bounced light (off a truck) :)

Guitarist

On the phone

On the bus

Friends

On the street car

- Raist

raist3d

Today's dose of street life - black and white edition:

Guitarist

Eating (not too flattering but love the light :p )

Friends

On the phone again

Castro Theater ushiers for event

Hottie stares back at me

Going to store, maybe skeptical :)

Cyclist

Daydreaming on street car.

- Ricardo

raist3d

This is a shot using a filter combination on the Q I really like so I am going to try this over the next few days and see what I get. I did increase the contrast a little in post on this Q JPEG but I could have dialed up a higher contrast on the Q also.

I consider this an experiment, not a final photograph.

Shooting in JPEG again will feel quite liberating to me… some days :)

This one, without any post, from the Q:

Reminds me of the magic power of the Blood Elves in Wow after they got the demon's powers… (if that reference goes over your head, no worries, just move along. It's a video game)

- Raist

raist3d

Some weekends shots. The first two out of camera using the JPEG filters I was talking about:

Tres Gatos

Technology abstract

Kodachrome cat (using new color workflow). Yes, its a cat snap but thought the light was good :)

- Raist

raist3d

raist3d please stop posting good pictures from Q! You make me wonder to buy this little device.
Thanks, only buy if it makes sense to you :) I do intend to continue posting photos. In fact, have a challenge for the next two weeks and see if I can do it anywhere in that time by a friend.

It will be done with the Q… hope I can pull it off.

- Ricardo