The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Q

raist3d

I am shooting with the X-E1 nowadays but I still have a Q.. and you both are making me have to use it for something and post a shot here soon :)

- Ricardo

raist3d

Ok, so I posted by accident something with the Fuji X-E1 here and I can't remove it. Originally I must have been drunk on something thinking that was OlliL- my apologies!

Now, these were done with the Q, today.

Probably the best shot in this group:

This one *would have been* great if the two guys were not behind him and the focus was on him. Ah well.

- Ricardo

raist3d

I thought the 2nd shot on the Fuji sequence was good too, but yeah, I like some of the Q ones too :)

Speaking of Fuji, does someone know if that post can be moved to the appropriate Fuji/forum thread? i think I got another Q shot this afternoon.

I have to say, I have an increasingly bad hunch that spending on an X-E1 and three of its lenses had to be a very expensive lesson in learning more exactly the kind of photography and tool I would like to have. :-\

The Fuji X system is truly phenomenal. It really is. Yet... "it's me, not you."

:)

- Ricardo

raist3d

Nice colors. What row converter do U use?
I tried Capture One 7 on these (Express) now that I am using it for all my Fuji X-E1 conversions for obvious reasons, since it supports Xtrans so well. Was checking out how the Q would do with it.

I think Capture One has good color out of the box. LightRoom/ACR is good with the Q, but with Xtrans not as good.

- Ricardo

raist3d

Some more...

-------

-------

To me the last image she looks like a fleeting ghost to me (in plain sunlight).

- Ricardo

raist3d

Ricardo, I like this shot a lot: difficult to explain, but I think it is very appealing - some kind of animated conversation - really nice and a good capture, too :thumbup:
All the best.
Thanks for the words and the look (always welcome good or "bad" feedback).

By the way, I bought today an RX100 M2.. and.... returned it in 45 minutes (that must be a new world record). I could not stand the interface and the iq didn't strike as super ahead as I thought it would be. It's not bad but the lens is getting in the way. Its DR is good but a lot of the texture I was seeing was similar to Q stuff in a way (though you get a nice small boost due to binning from those 20 megapixels).

But I could not stand the usability. Also compared heavily with Q7 raws and estimated that at the focal lengths I shoot the Q7 will come close. I may very well get a Q7.

I mention this because I thought about this very shot- how it would be on a Q7 and I think it can look near one stop better.

- Ricardo

raist3d

Just a short note- after some deliberation, checking this and checking that, decided to do the "go ahead" and get a Q7. Should be here by the next week's end. A new thread will be started accordingly or maybe just continue this one (feel 50/50 on that).

- Ricardo