Post Thanks / Like

Pentax 645D now with tethering

PK_Tether (version 0.6.0) now seems to support the 645d:

http://www.pktether.com/

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Pentax 645D now with tethering

I don't have any experience with this software. It looks like it is 3rd party not Pentax/Ricoh authored.

Tethering (in most applications) is far more than just taking a picture and having it arrive on the computer. Can you tell us anything about the speed, features, stability, and future support of this software?

It's currently listed as Beta. Does the company have a good track record of speedy development or a history of products that never leave beta?

I don't see any reference (including in the "news" post about 0.6.0) to the 645D other than on the thread of Q&A where someone asked in April 2011 when it would support the 645 and the programmer replied that he could only do so if someone with a 645D helped him. How did you learn it supported the 645?

I can't find any user manual (it's possible there is one accessible from the menu once you launch the program but as I am Mac only and I don't see a Mac version I can't look).

Edit: reading what I wrote these sound like accusations - I really do mean it that way; I have no experience with it and would like to hear more

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
    Phase One Partner of the Year
    Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
    Newsletter | RSS Feed
    Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Doug, apparently a few over in Pentax Forums have got it to work with a 645D.

Post Thanks / Like

Doug, I don't use that software myself, but AFAIK it's by some capable hobbyist who's delivering for free what Pentax isn't delivering at all. So I don't think such a business approach is quite applicable.