The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

(K-5) Small town in California

raist3d

Took these today, this gas station seemed like it could be abandoned yet maybe it was functional….

Wind mills on the way back to San Francisco…

- Raist

Knorp

That gas station looks very functional to me: all it's waiting for is its grand opening.
Love that contrasty light in the tanks shot, but the last one is my favourite in this series, Ricardo. A good find, too.

Kind regards.

jonoslack

Excellent Ricardo - I'm with Bart - waiting for a grand opening. . . but I like the tanks shot best - lovely composition and treatment. a pleasure to look at.

raist3d

That gas station looks very functional to me: all it's waiting for is its grand opening.
Love that contrasty light in the tanks shot, but the last one is my favourite in this series, Ricardo. A good find, too.

Kind regards.
This is funny but someone at dpreview called the place and they said they have regular business hours during the week :)

- Raist

raist3d

@all - thanks. I guess the tanks are better than I thought. I just don't like that little bit of a palm tree behind it on the left… (and now that I said it.. nobody will ever like it again! hehe j/k). Other friends said it was fine.

I should have moved just a little bit.

- Raist