The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Focus peaking demo K-01 by Ned Bunnell

Knorp

Thanks Ricardo and it sure does look slick.
Still without any reference camera I can only rely on other members' experiences.
So far 'focus peaking' seems to be "hot" and the feature to have for MF lenses.

Kind regards.

jonoslack

Looks like focus peaking to me :)
I also think it's hot - but I'm not sure that a camera with no viewfinder (or possibility of one) is quite so hot.
I've found FP to be even better in low light - but only on an EVF and not on an LCD

all the best

Knorp

No one can tell for sure right now, but I fear the lack of an O/E VF might be the Achilles heel of this system keeping many potential buyers from purchasing.
And that fixed LCD doesn't make friends either.
What were they thinking ?
:banghead:

DavidL

No O/E VF will keep me from :banghead::banghead::banghead: on a dealers door
It's a major error in my opinion and everyone above agrees.

raist3d

Could they offer an add-on viewfinder later?

K-H.
Not happening.

Personally I think given the price and image quality, I don't see it as a deal breaker. After all many medium format cameras were also of the type of "look at something" though I understand the value of optical vs electronic, but many people who complain about lack of EVF or OVF don't seem to have much problem with EVF's.

Personally to me the potential deal breaker is ergonomics. On first pass to me it seems it has great ergonomics but dpreview made the point that some buttons like the green/red are hard to reach for important functions. If that is the case, then I think Pentax missed with what is one of their core competencies. They should have used the whip on the designer to say "these things need to be close, you make it work design wise."

- Ricardo