The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentax K30

emr

No official announcement yet, but it's already showing on a retailer's catalogue:

Boulanger

The camera will have a 16 MP sensor, WR, AA batteries, Full HD video, ISO 25600, 799€ kit. Not what I'm looking for, but I think many current Pentax users will be happy with this one. Sounds like the long-awaited K200D replacement.

ustein

Contributing Editor
I like the K-01 image quality. The K-30 has the same sensor and likely faster AF and a viewfinder.

Any experience with the Pentax kit lenses?

V

Vivek

I don't even want to be found dead with a cool funky camera ... :deadhorse:
Why is that?

There are toy cameras that have a retro classic look and then there are useful tools that look like scifi toys. Hmmm...

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I like the K-01 image quality. The K-30 has the same sensor and likely faster AF and a viewfinder.

Their kit lenses are supposed to be rather good, but the Limited lenses would be the main reasons to buy a Pentax. If this one is considerably cheaper than the K-5, I might be tempted again. Tempted enough? I don't know, but I like their jungle style approach with AA-batteries and all. Not all places on this planet have reliable electricity yet.

raist3d

The standard zoom tele lens is not very good. It's built well (handling, manual focus ring, etc.) but optically is meh. I would not call it useless, but it's not the brightest candle in the church. Pros: light, well built, weather sealed. Falls apart in high contrast light, like many other so so kit lenses.

The telephoto zoom kit lens I understand isn't too bad. I don't have first hand experience with it, but people that have both note a difference between them. I wish Pentax did a better standard zoom even if they had to charge a bit more for it.

- Raist

Knorp

Why is that?

There are toy cameras that have a retro classic look and then there are useful tools that look like scifi toys. Hmmm...
Whatever its looks, I think it has some better specs than the "cool funky" K-01.
Interesting how much the new AF system has been improved and what this could bode for the future K5 replacement.

Kind regards.

V

Vivek

Sure, Bart.

Nothing can beat the K.O-1 in terms of ugliness. :ROTFL: