Site Sponsors

Thread: K-30 anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

K-30 anyone?

I haven't seen any comments about the K-30 in this Pentax forum. Would anyone who owns one care to share their impressions and experiences?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: K-30 anyone?

Well after downloadning some sample K30 raw files and processing them plus the new low price of it I pressed the button on it today.

When it arrives and I get to use it I'll post some pics and give my thoughts.
    Regards Paul. One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am.
    My Photo Galleries
    My Flickr Photostream

Post Thanks / Like

Recently bought one with the 18-135mm "kit" lens, to serve as my kid-chasing, soccer dad, weather-resistant all-around camera. So far I like it a lot. It complements my Ricoh GXR and GRD4 perfectly, both of which serve more serious photographic purposes. The K30 is bigger for sure, but not that much bigger. Shooting primarily RAW but also working on optimizing JPG settings. I like the B&W conversions a lot too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craftysnapper View Post
    Well after downloadning some sample K30 raw files and processing them plus the new low price of it I pressed the button on it today.

When it arrives and I get to use it I'll post some pics and give my thoughts.
    Great, I look forward to hearing your reaction. I looked at your portfolio and wonder what you have been using recently as equipment and how the K30 fits into your plans. You have some extremely high quality material on Zenfolio.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
    Great, I look forward to hearing your reaction. I looked at your portfolio and wonder what you have been using recently as equipment and how the K30 fits into your plans. You have some extremely high quality material on Zenfolio.
    Thank you for the complement Elliot. After film I dabbled with Canon then went with the Olympus E-system, now fourthirds DSLR's are all but dead aftersome thought I moved to Pentax for my DSLR system and I also run a Micro Four Thirds system as well. which seems to work for me.

I just started a Fun with K30 thread, hopfully others will add to it.
    Last edited by Craftysnapper; 16th November 2012 at 07:48.
    Regards Paul. One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am.
    My Photo Galleries
    My Flickr Photostream