The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With The K30

Craftysnapper

Seasonal Robin

One from a couple of days ago, I fortuitously managed to catch him framed in the holly.

Last edited:

Knorp

Some excellent and remarkable bird shots, Paul.
A love that "Robin in the holly" shot in particular, well done !
:salute:

All the very best.

I

ian 3

I thought I’d support the K-30 camp with some images. I enjoy viewing many of the ‘fun with’ threads and would love to join in, but I seem doomed to choose cameras which don’t have a great following amongst enthusiasts. My last camera was an NX10, I love it but not many others do. Anyway here are some BW photos of the Rye Harbour area taken with a Miranda 24mm at f8 some with more processing than others.

Also, hi to craftysnapper , I like all your bright clear photos. Particularly the reflected tree and robin in the snow. By the look of the bird photos you are a UK photographer too. Thanks Ian

Transit

Great shots, congrats on the new camera !
Don't forget to take it out in the rain and laugh when the Canokonians are reaching for plastic bags :D
Pete

Craftysnapper

I thought I’d support the K-30 camp with some images. I enjoy viewing many of the ‘fun with’ threads and would love to join in, but I seem doomed to choose cameras which don’t have a great following amongst enthusiasts. My last camera was an NX10, I love it but not many others do. Anyway here are some BW photos of the Rye Harbour area taken with a Miranda 24mm at f8 some with more processing than others.

Also, hi to craftysnapper , I like all your bright clear photos. Particularly the reflected tree and robin in the snow. By the look of the bird photos you are a UK photographer too. Thanks Ian
Welcome Ian, nice pics and it's great camera that I am sure you will enjoy using.

So that makes two of us posting in this thread and I do not feel so lonely now and I am sure there will be more eventually.:)

And yes I am from the UK and it is snowing again here today in the Midlands.

I

ian 3

They are three lovely photos. We rarely get long tail tits in our garden. They are so delicate. The robin has excellent detail in the feathers; I wonder what lens you have. I don’t do much telephoto, I only have the old 50-200mm and it’s a bit soft for my liking. The pigeon shot is very striking because of the strong white and blue background, with the light plum of the bird. All very nice.

Craftysnapper

Thank you Ian, they were taken with the Pentax DA 55-300mm which I was lucky enough to have picked up in a Amazon one day sale for half price ( £137).

Saying that I have always found the 50-200 WR that came with the k-30 very sharp indeed and I use it a lot.

I

ian 3

I have the old 50-200mm which came with my K100Ds and it's fine for web use but I print 19x13 and close ups of birds aren't quite sharp enough at that size.

Here are three sunset seascapes, 2 with Tamron 17-50 and the last with Pentax 50-200.