The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentax Q takes number 1 stop in Japan weekly sales/BCN for this week

raist3d

Just the other week the Q was at #3, but now it's the #1 seller of all interchangeable lens cameras in Japan for this week. Quite amazing for a camera that was supposed to be laughable failure due to sensor size.

You may quip the Q has dropped in price a lot (and it has) but interestingly so, the Q10 is already at #16 and going up out of the gate. The Q at #1 is white, the Q black is at #13. There were like 4 configurations of Q mounts last week and seems like this week is similar but with the #1.

Of course, cameras are tools and tools in the end are just that. I don't get too attached to a brand as much as I like the Q as a tool *for the photography I do*. It's still interesting to see a mount that was "doomed to fail" actually take off, doing even better than most of the other interchangeable lenses and mirror less interchangeable lenses at least in recent weeks.

デジタル一眼カメラの売れ筋情報|BCNランキング【週間】

- Raist