Site Sponsors

Thread: What's the word of K-5II/5IIs AF vs K-5?

Post Thanks / Like

What's the word of K-5II/5IIs AF vs K-5?

I am beginning to seriously consider a K-5II (maybe the s but not sure on that yet), mainly because of the AF fix- due to potential business reasons.

Certainly an expensive fix, but if that works, I consider the K-5 what it should have been. What I am most interested here is in AF accuracy- no major adjustments or the lenses or with them, that the AF consistently nails it- day light or lower light (moderate lower and mixed, tungsten and fluorescent light).

Anybody here has noticed a major difference? Jim if you are reading this, I understand you had mentioned it is much better. Now that you have more experience, do you find that holds?

Anyone else? I am looking for an objective assessment.

Thanks in advance.

- Ricardo

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: What's the word of K-5II/5IIs AF vs K-5?

Just saw this... Yes.. I am much happier with the K5 IIs than the original K5. I do see better detail and moire has not raised its ugly head to date. I really feel it was worth the upgrade.

Hope to sell my original K5 soon, got a couple of nibbles on Craig's List already.. but they want me to "give it away"... not going to do that.
    Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

No focus issues or lens adjustments for my K5 or K5lls (K5 purchased last July)

I have seen some moire on telegraph wires and small distant tree limbs, but only at high mag. The resolution of the lls is subjectively very special.

Keith

Post Thanks / Like

Ok to be clear to both, I am trying to focus exclusively on the AF performance of K-5IIs over the K-5 (improvements), ignoring image quality advantages.

Thanks both and whoever else wants to pitch in.

- Ricardo