The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentax K-01: now discontinued

V

Vivek

Too far indeed!

I sincerely hope that they will never ever make stuff like that again.

raist3d

Well, the camera is going right now for $35x.xx at bhphoto *with* lens. I am considering getting one actually as my backup K-5 and call that done.

- Raist

V

Vivek

Well, the camera is going right now for $35x.xx at bhphoto *with* lens. I am considering getting one actually as my backup K-5 and call that done.

- Raist
Different strokes for different folks. Death is celebrated in some quarters.

Here, the price is still a bit on the high side (~440 Euros). Will come down a bit, I expect. That should have been the introductory price.

I can see such a thing happening with other "instant" classics from other manufacturers as well.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I can see such a thing happening with other "instant" classics from other manufacturers as well.
Fully my opinion! And it will happen!

Just look at what happened to all that Fuji hype after a bit more than a year - lot of these cameras are now available on second hand market already!

V

Vivek

It is not discontinued after all! :(

???????????????????????? ?PENTAX K-01 ?????? ????×????????PENTAX RICOH IMAGING

Sky blue edition is available now!!!

A modern digital camera with a contemporary yet timeless design.
The camera body is compact and trim whilst preserving all the functions of a professional camera.
The lines are clean and simple creating an elegant graphical composition.
The materials convey quality and honesty.
Machined aluminium and natural rubber provide the user with a tactile and durable piece of technology.

TIMELESS, TRUSTY, TOUCHABLE

yusuf

Too far indeed!

I sincerely hope that they will never ever make stuff like that again.
Actually I am loving my k-01, although it sees a bit less usage compared to my nex or ME super, it still sees more light compared to k-x I have.