The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Q7

raist3d

Thanks for the looks and words, Brian. I also think I have improved and learned a lot over time. Will continue learning forever probably.

Here's for reference what the first Q looks like

Here's what the q7 looks like

Compare camera dimensions side by side

The new lumix GM1 is a size between original Q and Q7 (but more like the original Q).

- Ricardo

raist3d

Impressive - how do you focus in such low light conditions? Do you always use the rear lcd to frame up?

Cheers

Brian
Yes, I always use the Q/Q7's rear LCD. I prefocus or use auto focus and "hold it" (half shutter press). On some more rare occasions I do focus manually (camera has magnify assist and also focus peaking). As unlikely as it may seem, the Q can focus in some of these conditions better than expected and the Q7 does 1 stop better into the dark. You can also just find a brighter area at the same distance and focus.

As for framing the Q has an optical view finder option but only works with the "01 lens" which is an F1.9 prime. I don't use this because I like to keep the Q small.

I use two lenses- the 01 prime - in the Q7 an F1.9 39mm equivalent focal length, and the 06 telephoto zoom which is a constant F2.8 with a 64mm-207mm equivalent focal on the Q7. Most of the shots here were taken with that zoom.

- Ricardo

raist3d

From today.

The last shot shows why I like small leaf shutter cameras- she was right in front of me, like 3 steps away.

- Ricardo

raist3d

From last night, Day Of The Dead, in SF (2013).

What surprised me is that I was able to get anything at all considering this is an ISO 10,000 shot pushed to 15,000. That's crazy.

- Ricardo