The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Q7

raist3d

Decided to start a new thread with Q7 if only because it makes it easier to find. I still want to see that Q thread updated with those who have it. I may still do my shot or two with it.

Anyhow, from today:

raist3d

From today, monday.

Talked to the guitarist for a bit of a while. Interesting story, background as someone who worked in the navy in a distant past.

It's funny that I am pretty invisible with the Q on the streets, but the construction workers on this building (two not shown) spotted me from afar on the side walk. I nodded at this one and he nodded back.

Someone directing traffic near the Oracle conference today.

- Ricardo

MalcolmP

Hi Ricardo,
the new Q7 looks like it suits you(as did the old one).Are you finding the dynamic range of the q7 an improvement over the q10?.I ask because although we are only looking at web size images it seems to record an impressive amount:thumbup:, from highlights to shadows in the same image and somehow,,,?-more,than the q10.Am I correct or is it just my eyes?:)
Kind regards
Malcolm

raist3d

The DR does seem improved though I didn't handle the Q10 but the Q. However, the more I looked at the Q10 images, the more it seemed just the Q sensor but starting with a lower ISO (ISO 100) for a bit better IQ at the lowest ISO. But it could still be a "new revup" sensor from the original Q one. I will never know.

What I can tell you sure seems improved to me is: resolution and tonality/color sensitivity. Oh yes, ISO also, by about a full stop. But the camera does behave better at the highest ISO by somehow keeping a bit better color (due to color sensitivity improvement probably). Will be good to see the Dxo treatment on it.

I get the impression the MX-1 and Q7 use the same sensor.

- Ricardo

MalcolmP

Thanks.
sorry my mistake I meant the Q:eek:
I don't know if its the same sensor as MX-1,could be!whatever it is I think it works very well indeed.And with the other improvements you have mentioned and the images posted A WINNER!:)
Regards
Malcolm

raist3d

These are good Ricardo, really show some attitude, but what is it?
A bit confused by the question :) You mean from where? The ones at the top are from an afternoon walk in San Francisco. The later ones are from last weekend's Folsom Street event in San Francisco, which is shall we say, quite something:

Folsom Street Fair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There were many things going on but I wanted to focus more on nice street life more than what people would expect.

- Ricardo