The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone using a K-3?

Elliot

A most tolerant model in very low light, tricky for white balance.
DA 40mm XS lens
F2.8, 1/40 second, ISO 800

I have purchased a couple of used lenses and plan to use them over the holidays for photos from the local area, so I hope to have more for this thread. Although the area is not as breathtakingly beautiful or exotic as some others, who knows what the camera will capture?

tsjanik

A most tolerant model in very low light, tricky for white balance.
DA 40mm XS lens
F2.8, 1/40 second, ISO 800

............. Although the area is not as breathtakingly beautiful or exotic as some others, who knows what the camera will capture?
Elliot:

I think all areas are beautiful, it's just that some are more challenging to capture. :)

The dog seems to have the expression "aren't you finished with that camera yet?"

Elliot

Yes, one has to seek out and capture the beauty! It is fairly easy here, actually. This morning I had a few minutes outside the building at work to take a few pictures, and it was my first outing with the Pentax-M 200 F4 that I just received. I will have to improve my skills with the manual lens (and also get closer to the subjects). Being early morning, it was pretty low light -- limiting the aperture settings for DOF and also the shutter speed -- and these Hooded Mergansers were very active.

The first two are not cropped. The third is a crop, and although not very precise, showed some interesting dynamics.

MalcolmP

I seem to have had a bit of a cloak and tree thing going on.
What can I say:loco:
Sigma 10-20 f3.5 -tall tripod taped to 3m step ladder,me in cloak,15sec delay timer,press,dress,run.Wonder I didn't get taken away to a nice padded room,still,not too many folk around at that time of morning:)
Tamron 17-50 f2.8- "Barbara,just put this on and stand in that gateway".
Regards
Malcolm

MalcolmP

Hi Elliot,
I planned the shot and took it with me.
(or tongue firmly in cheek,,,:)its a genuine aftermarket accessory that I'm testing for Pentax UK. They say it turns any existing Pentax dslr into a 35mm equivalent,its a,Full Frame Ladder and the only one they will be releasing this side of the next ice age!:))
Cheers
Malcolm

Elliot

I guess after its trial with the mirrorless K-01, Pentax is not going to try out a 35mm equivalent stepless ladder!

MalcolmP

A few more tree's (well,I am a carpenter!:)) with the Sigma 10-20 f3.5.which resolves nicely but suffers from horrible colour fringing but it's easily removed in P/P with no loss of detail.
Regards
Malc

MalcolmP

Fun with the K3,Tamron 17-50 f2.8,three speedlights,homemade crap stuck on them,one dressing up box,one idiot,half a bottle of whiskey,no talent and a homage to George Hurrell/Film Noir and,,,, Hollywood meets Herefordshire:)
regards
Malc.

Last edited:

MalcolmP

Quick little blighters these Nuthatch.
K3/Sigma 50-500mm O/S. @450mm
From memory-4000th/sec.f11.iso 1600.
Regards
Malcolm

Knorp

Quick little blighters these Nuthatch.
K3/Sigma 50-500mm O/S. @450mm
From memory-4000th/sec.f11.iso 1600.
Regards
Malcolm
It's rare to get a glimpse of one, but even rarer to catch one in flight !

Kind regards.