Site Sponsors

Thread: What does a Pentax 645D sound like ??

Post Thanks / Like

What does a Pentax 645D sound like ??

Does the 645D sound about like the film camera versions?
    Is there much shutter shake?
    Thanks,
    Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: What does a Pentax 645D sound like ??

Pentax 645D Shutter Sound - YouTube

I think they sound better than the video indicates. I agree with Kirk Tuck's comment, "Have you heard the better Pentax shutters? They are a blend of Rolls Royce door closures and rich butter. Magnificent."

Ripe Camera: Pentax grabs photographer by the ankle and starts to drag him toward the system....but eccentrically.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I find the sound of the shutter to sound like "smooth precision," if there is such a thing. Of course my previous MF was a Bronica SQ, so everything sounds better!
    I don't think that I have ever experienced the shutter shake, I worry more about senior citizen shake personally. I'm also "older than dirt"
    Hand held at the proper shutter speeds is good. Tripod use takes a stable tripod and good technique. Not difficult and the results are very rewarding.
    Have to say I have the 400 and either hand held or tripod, done correctly, outstanding image quality.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that input, it is helpful.
    Since camera shake and noise has been in the "news" lately, I wanted to ask as I continue to be interested in this camera.
    Yeah, senior citizen shake is an issue. Sometimes I think a little more substantial camera like the 645D might actually help me hold it still.
    Robert

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raycox View Post
    I agree. I find the sound of the shutter to sound like "smooth precision," if there is such a thing. Of course my previous MF was a Bronica SQ, so everything sounds better!
    I don't think that I have ever experienced the shutter shake, I worry more about senior citizen shake personally. I'm also "older than dirt"
    Hand held at the proper shutter speeds is good. Tripod use takes a stable tripod and good technique. Not difficult and the results are very rewarding.
    Have to say I have the 400 and either hand held or tripod, done correctly, outstanding image quality.
    I both agree and can't add much to this. The 645D built quality sounds and feels very reassuring. It's like it was built from a solid block...nothing loose, nor rattles etc. One may feel the vibration of the shutter/mirror but it appears to be well dampened and rarely have I found the camera introduces shutter shake resulting in resolution robbing results. IT's nice when a product works as designed. Sure it has things that could use updating (like a faster processor speed and for those that want live view, focus peaking etc., apparently the new 645D II will address most of these.

Dave (D&A)