Site Sponsors

Thread: Pentax 645Z

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Pentax 645Z

Pentax 645Z First Impressions Review on LL.

A very interesting read for sure. My conclusions:

For my purposes/uses I made the correct buying decisions with Leica M9, Nikon D800E, Olympus E-M5, E-M1, and Sony NEX-5N, -7, A7R. What's needed now is getting rid of some of the annoyances like shutter shock, LiveView not integrated into OVF, missing IBIS, ... .

The new Lytro needs an order of magnitude more rays at the same price. Then I certainly would bite.
    Last edited by k-hawinkler; 27th July 2014 at 15:45.
    With best regards, K-H.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pentax 645Z

Thank you for your post and taking the time to review and do a write-up. I read it twice. I always enjoy the real-world thought even though I am trained as an engineer and can thus "geek out" on the technical stuff.

Every year I write out a list of things I want to do photographically. This year I have on my list to finally get serious about a MF set-up. Since I need a field camera the 645z is a great fit for me. I only need a body and three lenses.

The one thing I wish Pentax had worked out was movements. Does anyone have a T&S movement solution?

Again, thank you for the time you took to review.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlinkingEye View Post
    Thank you for your post and taking the time to review and do a write-up. I read it twice. I always enjoy the real-world thought even though I am trained as an engineer and can thus "geek out" on the technical stuff.

Every year I write out a list of things I want to do photographically. This year I have on my list to finally get serious about a MF set-up. Since I need a field camera the 645z is a great fit for me. I only need a body and three lenses.

The one thing I wish Pentax had worked out was movements. Does anyone have a T&S movement solution?

Again, thank you for the time you took to review.
    I have the same wish for the S system a wide angle TS lens.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by BlinkingEye View Post

Look here http://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-f...ntax-645z.html

or Zörk Pro Shift adapter Thanks to Tjanik

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the review!
    Some years ago I decided for the Leica S system but if I had to decide today I would probably go for the 645z. I particular would enjoy the multi point AF and the high ISO capabilities. Not that I wouldnt enjoy the S.
    Last edited by Paratom; 28th January 2015 at 09:45.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I ordered one after selling my P45+. Got the 55, 25 and 28-45, so far with the 90 macro in the cross hairs.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ok, gone amuck! Also ordered the 80-160. Sure used are less, but at least I have a return option for 30 days and one year warranty.

Received the new 28-45. What a huge lens at 3.5"x6", but it does have SR. Will decide if I keep the 25 after using both for a while. I have always used an 18mm with FF 35mm so that was why I decided to try the 25.

If I have the 28-45, 45-85 and 80-160 that covers about any FL I can think of right about now.

Anyone out there dislike the 25 and why?