Site Sponsors

Thread: 645Z Capture Fix "Read Only" Issue

Post Thanks / Like

645Z Capture Fix "Read Only" Issue

I just started using Capture Fix to try and get my 645z files onto C1. However I ran into a problem where all of the converted files are being loaded in C1 as "read only", so I can't edit them.

Has anyone encountered this and found a fix?

My image preferences have the editing options all checked off correctly, and I've already tried making copies and using different directories, but nothing worked so far.

I'd appreciate any suggestions, thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 645Z Capture Fix "Read Only" Issue

If anyone's interested in knowing, I found the issue. I forgot that I do not use the full Pro version of C1, I use the Sony Pro version, and the Sony Pro version does not have support for DNG files.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I would not suggest this route.

Capture One does not support the 645Z, and support will not be added in the future. This "fix" is actually a metadata hack and could cause unforeseen issues downstream or stop working in future versions of Capture One.

If buying a 645Z you should use LightRoom which provides official support, or Pentax's Silkypix.
    Doug Peterson , Digital Transitions | Email
    Dealer for: Phase One, Mamiya Leaf, Arca-Swiss, Cambo, Eizo, Profoto
    Office: 877.367.8537. Cell: 740.707.2183

Post Thanks / Like

capture fix is not a solution, it's just a fix.
    You will have to mess with color, and there are no lense correction profiles.
    The Hasselblad and P1 lense correction profiles are a big part of the high image quality, as are their color profiles.

You will have to stick with LR as the Pentax Silkypix is useless. And you will have to work on the color profile in LR.
    Then there is DXO, which does a good job on the pentax files.

Post Thanks / Like

I see it as a workaround. Yea, Capture One probably won't be supporting Pentax ever....which I think is lame. But, at least some have the ability to still use their software of choice with their cameras of choice....the way things should be. You can make your own color profiles and even lens profiles. I hope Capture Fix remains useable.