The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

645Z Capture Fix "Read Only" Issue

rhern213

I just started using Capture Fix to try and get my 645z files onto C1. However I ran into a problem where all of the converted files are being loaded in C1 as "read only", so I can't edit them.

Has anyone encountered this and found a fix?

My image preferences have the editing options all checked off correctly, and I've already tried making copies and using different directories, but nothing worked so far.

I'd appreciate any suggestions, thanks!

rhern213

If anyone's interested in knowing, I found the issue. I forgot that I do not use the full Pro version of C1, I use the Sony Pro version, and the Sony Pro version does not have support for DNG files. :facesmack:

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I would not suggest this route.

Capture One does not support the 645Z, and support will not be added in the future. This "fix" is actually a metadata hack and could cause unforeseen issues downstream or stop working in future versions of Capture One.

If buying a 645Z you should use LightRoom which provides official support, or Pentax's Silkypix.

toni999

capture fix is not a solution, it's just a fix.
You will have to mess with color, and there are no lense correction profiles.
The Hasselblad and P1 lense correction profiles are a big part of the high image quality, as are their color profiles.

You will have to stick with LR as the Pentax Silkypix is useless. And you will have to work on the color profile in LR.
Then there is DXO, which does a good job on the pentax files.

2WK

I see it as a workaround. Yea, Capture One probably won't be supporting Pentax ever....which I think is lame. But, at least some have the ability to still use their software of choice with their cameras of choice....the way things should be. You can make your own color profiles and even lens profiles. I hope Capture Fix remains useable.