The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with K1 first live legend as Nobody expect Pentax FF before year 3000

Hi,
So I bought it. It is great. As great as brick can be :). Yes it is ugly :) no fancy Leica, Fuji design. Just pure engineering (yes you can see screws).

So after some test shots I went to the river side, and make some photos.
photos are downloadable @ full size K1 First Shots - krochmal

After that I make more test with Porst 55 1.2 With Pixelshift and wooo That is a lens. It have Raster paper sharpness and DOF :)

But it look like a Brick

It work great with FA lenses:

Best!
Piotr
p.s. Hope to see lot of post here :)

Michiel Schierbeek

Congrats!
That is the only PK lens that I have as well, under the name of Revuenon 55/1.2. I think I red they were made by Cosinon. Quiet good lenses.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Piotr,

congratulations on your buy!

This seems to be a wonderful DSLR and although not for me as I am invested in the Nikon ecosystem, it should be definitely capable of stunning results especially with all the great available lenses. But it is definitely less brik than the Nikon D810 I shoot :cool:

Keep shooting, enjoying and please posting :D

Peter

baudolino

Piotr, congrats on the new camera. Please keep posting. Mine is in Fedex right now, expecting delivery tomorrow. Really keen to see how the Limited lenses perform @36MP (not visible much from your first pictures here). I wouldn't be surprised if the new zooms actually performed better, especially regarding CA and wide open.

Piotr, congrats on the new camera. Please keep posting. Mine is in Fedex right now, expecting delivery tomorrow. Really keen to see how the Limited lenses perform @36MP (not visible much from your first pictures here). I wouldn't be surprised if the new zooms actually performed better, especially regarding CA and wide open.
Hi, you could download full resolution photos from my webpage you will find link in first post :).

I am amazed how good old lenses work. Much better than on K5 I think they put very thin glass in front of sensor.

(There are known sony A7R2 mod for Leika lenses that include changing glass)
Best!

Thorkil

If anyone is interested in comparing ISO. I did a simple test in low light.

We transfer valid untill 19th of May

Those are PEF RAW files and XMP setting from LR (I try to got best from files) for HiISO you have also pixelshift (PEF RAW file weight max 254MB)
Very interesting camera! and affordable! I can't open the files in C1 (so I deleted)(huge download). But the files of 250Mb are pictures done with pixel shift, right? So each picture will be 250 Mb with pixel shift?
Please post some pixel shift pictures here..(and "normal" pictures too..)
best
Thorkil

Hi, yes those >100MB are pixel shift, bigger as ISO is bigger so @MaxISO they eat 250MB.

Yesterday I take out back tube with baffel from DA*60-250 and as people wrote on Pentax Forum it work on FF with no falloff even with hood.
So I make simple SR Test it got usable for me 1/30 @250mm (target distance about 1,4m)
I've put photo is K1 test gallery for download

Night shot:
K1 + DFA 24-70 @24mm f/2.8 ISO 5000 1/5s
Post in LR (no noise reduction only color noise reduction @25/detal=0/smoothnes=82)
final post in NIK Analog 2

In my opinion sharpest is Tamron Adaptall-2 90mm 2.5 then 77mm then 31 F50 1.4 is sharp but >2.8
DFA 24-70 I have some mixed opinion. It is less sharp than sigma 18-35 I'm not shure if my copy have some issues. Or just it is Pentax AF :).
But it is very verry good lens.
Now for Traveling kit: F 17-28, DFA 24-70 DA 60-250 and F 50.1.4 and ofc Ricoh GR.
What I suggest is to buy X-rite Color passport. I finaly do that and it is great:
LR + NIK Analog 2

Hi, I haven't been very active.
Busy time.
This time Pentax K1 + M 135 2.5 Post in LR

I have been @ short vacation in Rome.
So some funny shot of ancient predator sculpture: K1 + DFA 24-70

So.. we had a etno music festiwal in Kraków EtnoKrakow. As always during work I make some photos.
Also for testing.
Fun photo: ultra bokeh by K1 and Tokina 500mm. Target around 50-60m (Robe Pointe) focus set close to minimal. Pointe was set for multi beam mode :)