The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with images taken with the Pentax K1

Thorkil

But Thorkil if you would want to go FF and lightweight why not a Sony? Fuji is nice to of course and they do have a great lens lin up.
Its very hard for me to explain Michiel, nothing logical, first perhaps that my inner instinct tell me to do opposite that most people do. But I really enjoy what you, Barry, Anna, Utsch and all, are doing! I just have looked once through the viewfinder of an A7 for 10 seconds, a horrible experience. Second I have come back to my original dealer I have known for about 35 years or more, and now I want to be loyal to him, while his so pleasant to talk with, so I want to place my money there and support him, I have decided, and nowhere else, and he don't sell Sonys A7 cameras. Then I heard its not intuitive, the Sony's, and that I'm very sensitive towards. It has to be simple like a Nikon, a GR, a M6 (wont mention my ME while I sold all my Leica gear including the M6 last Friday, a major and awfull decision).
The viewfinder in the X-Pro2 looked fantastic, although small, with all information’s incl. distance, the X-T2 might be the same.
But perhaps I should try to take the D700 under the arm with a 20mm and a 85mm, give it a try once more, or two, in the city, to see if I want/could to live with a DSLR (not gona selling that one)...even at holidays (thats the mainproblem) while it must not dominate my holidays, and I do think, while looking at tourists, that the camera most of the time dominate them (when it's the DSLR's), they think of it all the time, like carrying a little fat dog.
:confused:
Thorkil

Thorkil

but looking at this....over and over again...(actually it's outright outstanding colours)

... I keep telling myself over and over again..it's only because Quentin is so amazingly skilled doing gardening...:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

thorkil

Last edited:

Michiel Schierbeek

but looking at this....over and over again...(actually it's outright outstanding colours)

... I keep telling myself over and over again..it's only because Quentin is so amazingly skilled doing gardening...:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

thorkil
So may be I shouldn't look through the viewfinder of a Fuji XT-2.....
Loyalty to friends is a great good, but your friend may be missing some bussines without Sony.....
Pentax has outstanding colors, I know from the 645Z. The camera finally arived tonight.
It is not particulary light and may weight more as a chiwawa :ROTFL:
I am now in the learning buttons stage. There are a lot but for the rest the menu system looks a lot like the 645Z and
it even uses the same batterys so I could start right away digging ithrough the menu.
BTW those batterys are great and last for ever, not like Sony's, they are like puppys lurking the plug all the time. :grin:

Well I may be go out for a few evening shots with my good old and first PK mount lens a Revuenon55/1.2
I have one of the lasts Voigtlander Ultron SL 40mm in PK mount on the way. According to some it seems to be
sharper as the 43 Limited. It is also very small and looks like a perfect lightweight walk around combo.

I wish you all the wisdom in your choices......

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

thorkil
In addition to his gardening skills, that lens seems to be a super winner, and a real bargain. (Un)fortunately, it's also bang in the middle of the focal lengths I like to work with... :facesmack:

Thorkil

So may be I shouldn't look through the viewfinder of a Fuji XT-2.....
Loyalty to friends is a great good, but your friend may be missing some bussines without Sony.....
Pentax has outstanding colors, I know from the 645Z. The camera finally arived tonight.
It is not particulary light and may weight more as a chiwawa :ROTFL:
I am now in the learning buttons stage. There are a lot but for the rest the menu system looks a lot like the 645Z and
it even uses the same batterys so I could start right away digging ithrough the menu.
BTW those batterys are great and last for ever, not like Sony's, they are like puppys lurking the plug all the time. :grin:

Well I may be go out for a few evening shots with my good old and first PK mount lens a Revuenon55/1.2
I have one of the lasts Voigtlander Ultron SL 40mm in PK mount on the way. According to some it seems to be
sharper as the 43 Limited. It is also very small and looks like a perfect lightweight walk around combo.

I wish you all the wisdom in your choices......
:rolleyes: Thanks Michiel. Looking forward to your pictures! But its a shame that Pentax is lacking some wide and medium primes for FF, but I guess that they will come.
My Photofriend tells me thats because of strange marketingpolicy by Sony, at least in Denmark, you can find them in a lot of internet stores, so I guess he cant make a sufficent profit compared to investments.
I didn't find the K-1 that bulky of size compared to my D700, a bit smaller actually (about 10mm in width and in height, and 85 gram less...just about a dogcollar:D), and with modest sized primes its somehow could look acceptable. But then the primes…..
Thorkil

Michiel Schierbeek

The usual "new camera" weather: grey clouds...

This is with the Pentax 28/3.5 shift. It works a lot better on the K-1 then on the Sony A7r.
This is in the blue hour a new gymnasium school building.

I used pixelshift but don't have installed the Pentax software yet. My new laptop is so advanced it doesn't have a cd player.
I am going to have look if I can download it from Pentax.

The moiré has to do with internet downsampling.

M

mjr

Morning

This is definitely looking like an interesting camera, lenses bother me a little as I like to shoot fast primes given the chance, have any of you guys shot portraits with it yet? Quentin, would the 100 macro handle head shots ok? I really don't know anything about the Pentax lenses but this is tempting as a backup cam, even more so if high ISO is decent. The only think putting me off at the moment is the lack of a fast 85 or 135 for tighter portrait stuff.

Have a good weekend.

Mat

Thorkil

Strong and very nice pictures, Michiel. Maybe its the tele ctr. the wide, and the colours, with sort of stronger contrast but weaker colours in the 200, but the Pentax 28 seems stronger in its appearence, and more 3-dimentionel, more "sharpcut" and prominent, on the other side, a more "painted" feeling in the 200.
thorkil

Michiel Schierbeek

Morning

This is definitely looking like an interesting camera, lenses bother me a little as I like to shoot fast primes given the chance, have any of you guys shot portraits with it yet? Quentin, would the 100 macro handle head shots ok? I really don't know anything about the Pentax lenses but this is tempting as a backup cam, even more so if high ISO is decent. The only think putting me off at the moment is the lack of a fast 85 or 135 for tighter portrait stuff.

Have a good weekend.

Mat
Wide angle primes is a problem. And the old ones are very very rare.
There is a black 20mm FA, the 31 Limited and a silver SMC Pentax-FA * IF AL 24mm F2
For portraits there are, besides may be the 100 and the older SMC Pentax-FA * IF 85mm F1.4, only manuel portrait lenses.
The Samyang 135/2 seems to be outstanding and not expensive. The Samyang 85/1.4 does not have very good reviews.
Oh I forgot there is the older Sigma AF 85/1.4

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Morning

Have a good weekend.

Mat
77mm f/1.8 Limited?

M

mjr

Thanks both

I think if the sensor is as good as people are saying then it really needs something like a Zeiss 135f2 or Otus or similar with really good optics to make the most of it, I would be using it for work and would much prefer to buy high quality lenses new for it than trawl classifieds for legacy glass, there's a degree of security when it needs to work if I can go back to a dealer. Not worried about wides to be honest, would just like a capable camera for lower light stuff. I will have a read up of whats available in a K mount but it may make more sense just to go with a D810 knowing there is plenty of fine glass already available.

Looking forward to seeing how the 100 performs on portraits, it may do the job.

Mat

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks both

I think if the sensor is as good as people are saying then it really needs something like a Zeiss 135f2 or Otus or similar with really good optics to make the most of it, I would be using it for work and would much prefer to buy high quality lenses new for it than trawl classifieds for legacy glass, there's a degree of security when it needs to work if I can go back to a dealer. Not worried about wides to be honest, would just like a capable camera for lower light stuff. I will have a read up of whats available in a K mount but it may make more sense just to go with a D810 knowing there is plenty of fine glass already available.

Looking forward to seeing how the 100 performs on portraits, it may do the job.

Mat
The 77mm is a current lens, and one of the first I would buy for a K-1:

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.uk/en/product/27970/body/overview/Photo-Lenses.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/388316-REG/Pentax_27980_Telephoto_SMCP_FA_77mm_f_1_8.html

Hopefully, Zeiss starts making the Milvus lenses in K-mount. Some of the older ZK lenses are still available new from dealers:

http://kakaku.com/camera/camera-lens/itemlist.aspx?pdf_ma=1148&pdf_Spec103=26

V

Vivek

Michiel, Congrats! I have a (M42) Biotar 75/1.5 that you are welcome to use. :)

ddanois

Any suggestions for an adapter that would allow me to use my Nikon mount Otus lens on the Pentax K-1? I just ordered a K-1 because I've been blown away by the image quality but I'm new to the Pentax system and could use some guidance.

Not sure of what native Pentax lenses meet the high quality of the Zeiss lenses but I'm looking forward to trying.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Derek