The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with images taken with the Pentax K1

Quentin_Bargate

Hi Thorkil

Ahh, glad you noticed:grin: It's by a pond where light filters through leaves on surrounding shrubs and some light dapples the foreground. I took a number of shots of this candelabra primula just an the afternoon sun caught it. Much as I love pixel shift, it really cannot be used for hand held botanical macro work.

Thorkil

Hi Thorkil

Ahh, glad you noticed:grin: It's by a pond where light filters through leaves on surrounding shrubs and some light dapples the foreground. I took a number of shots of this candelabra primula just an the afternoon sun caught it. Much as I love pixel shift, it really cannot be used for hand held botanical macro work.
Hi Quentin...okay, without pixelshift, and handheld, I do think it looks even more impressive! well done.
thorkil
Ps. I guess stabilization then is a great bonus

Quentin_Bargate

Hi Quentin...okay, without pixelshift, and handheld, I do think it looks even more impressive! well done.
thorkil
Ps. I guess stabilization then is a great bonus
Thanks, and yes it is useful to have stabilization but its hit and miss whether its truly sharp, and focussed on the right spot. This was one of about 20 attempts... The K1 has excellent natural colour that other cameras don't easily match.

Quentin_Bargate

Ok, checked the specs of the 77mm limited on Tom's recommendation, and will now be trying a copy for use as a portrait lens.

tsjanik

Hi Tom, it is a hall, here in Amsterdam, full of used and new items from liquidations.
The mix of things is always interesting.

Here's another one with the same lens.

What a place. Looks to be images from a dream: Santa Claus arriving with silver, faceless females; Buddha riding a wooden horse.....

BTW I love your series from French costal towns in the MF forum.

Rich M

The K-1 arrived a few days ago. Just starting to get the hang of it. The first thing I noticed that it was not as big as reviewers were saying. Feels quite comfortable in the hand actually. I have lots of glass to try on it over the next few months.

Olympus Zuiko OM 90/2 macro
[/url]20160606-IMGP0135 by Richard M, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]20160606-IMGP0134 by Richard M, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]20160606-IMGP0124 by Richard M, on Flickr[/IMG]

Zeiss ZK 50/2 Makro-Planar
[/url]20160605-IMGP0059 by Richard M, on Flickr[/IMG]

The manual focus indicator is so spot on, that one hardly has to use LiveView

Quentin_Bargate

77mm F/1.8 Limited has arrived. Sweet little lens. Will try it out on the K1 in a couple of days. If it's any good, as I hope, it will be used mainly for portaits

Rich M

Wonderful Richard!
Isn't it good the manual focus indicator.

Did you have those lenses Leitaxed?
Thank you Michiel.....yes, I changed the lens mount on the Zuiko OM 90/2 with a Leitax conversion mount.
The Zeiss ZK is a native PK mount.

I was strongly tempted to purchase the Voigtlander 40/2 SL, but am saving up for the Pentax 70-200mm zoom.

Regards....R

Rich M

A few more to post.....

SMC Pentax-DA* 300mm F4
[/url]20160
606-IMGP0119
by Richard M, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]20160606-IMGP0114 by Richard M, on Flickr[/IMG]

Focus locked quickly......no issues with front or back focus.

SMC Pentax-DA* 200mm F2.8
[/url]20160605-IMGP0089 by Richard M, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]20160605-IMGP0079 by Richard M, on Flickr[/IMG]

This lens had a little bit more difficulty in locking focus in low light, although I did not notice any vignetting at all (as this lens sits on the edge of being full frame or APS-C). Gotta love the colors though....plus a little bit of 3D.....maybe?

Quentin_Bargate

Looking forward to your thoughts on the 77mm Quentin, and the images too! Here's a review that might interest you:

http://erphotoreview.com/wordpress/?p=423
Probably the perfect lens on the K1. Shot a few today, and it performed admirably.

Focus is a little imprecise, but it is perfectly aligned. Corners weak wide open; stop down to F2.8 and its all good. Some CA near max aperture.

Glad I purchased it. Very nice, "old-fashioned" lens - so small, full of good character.

I will try a few people shots this evening