The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with images taken with the Pentax K1

Michiel Schierbeek

I'll try to post some shots with the Voigtlander Color-Skopar 20mm f/3.5 SL for Pentax.......it is a chipped pancake lens (auto-aperture in camera).......extremely small and light.

I am finding it razor sharp in the center with the corners sharpening up @f/5.6. It close focuses to @ 15cm or so.

They're still out in the wild......just have to look.
I have been looking for that one! Hard to find. If it is as good as the Ultron 40/2 SL I have, I would be very happy.

raycox

Ray:

I'd be interested in your thoughts as well on the K-1 vis-à-vis the 645Z.

Tom
Tom

Had to take the time to compare images of the same subject. As you know the images from the Z are really good. Been the usual route. K5, K5s, K3 and 645D. The only camera I have never warmed up to is the K3 for some reason. Output is technically correct from the K3 but always left me unimpressed.

Comparing images of the same scene with the Z and K1, the Z has an edge only in the amount of data. The K1 files are really hard to explain. They just have an organic feel to them. Images appear more 3D if that is possible. I find that ooc files require very little if any adjustment when opened. Color is spot on, dynamic range is impressive, and noise is nearly nonexistent at high iso and easily controlled.

Just be careful ! If you do get your hands on one you likely won't want to put it down. I tried :(

Ray

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
Greetings,

took the K1 for a spin yesterday, and I must say, the last time I was so excited about a camera was, you're gonna beat me with a stick now, when I started shooting with my very first digital, the Olympus E-1. Seriously!

There is something about this lovely maschine that I can not really explain, it just feels right. I have no photos to share, I just tried her for 30 minutes in front of the shop, because usability and how it feels is so very important to my needs, I would even compromise to some extend on image quality.

I am not so much into videos, and this is apparently a weak point of the K-1, but for the occaisional memory clip for home use, I guess it is more than sufficient.

Very, very nice camera with some extraordinary features like compensating earth rotation for basic astrophotography is a big plus, let aside the robust feel, and that was where my Olympus E-1 came to my mind, she too was build like a tank and trustworthy under some rather extreme conditions, the K-1, only being six letters apart from the E-1 ;) feels the same.

Michiel Schierbeek

Yes agreed Ray and Georg! It is a wonderful camera and that could be the reason it took them so long.... It is a pity they couldn't use the latest 42mln pixel sensor from Sony, then it should have been by far the best dslr around, IMO wise. And now I want pixelshift on the Z, should that be a possible upgrade with firmware?.....

Voigtländer Ultron SL 40/2

tsjanik

....................Just be careful ! If you do get your hands on one you likely won't want to put it down. I tried :(

Ray
Fortunately there is none available, but based on the comments I'm reading it will be hard to resist.

tsjanik

Yes agreed Ray and Georg! It is a wonderful camera and that could be the reason it took them so long.... It is a pity they couldn't use the latest 42mln pixel sensor from Sony, then it should have been by far the best dslr around, IMO wise. And now I want pixelshift on the Z, should that be a possible upgrade with firmware?.....

Voigtländer Ultron SL 40/2

I love the color and depth in this Michiel. Anything special in PP, or just K-1 magic?

Quentin_Bargate

.... I'm afraid Quentin is just seriously using his short vacation for...vacation....:)
thorkil
I've been taking a few pictures...

Put the weather sealing well and truly to the test (well, it is summer in England..). Passed with flying colours (K1, Pentax 15-30mm F/2.8, Lee 150 filters).