The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with images taken with the Pentax K1

Michiel Schierbeek

Thanks Quentin, been thinking about converting my Contax glass. I think I may do my 35mm 1.4 and see how it performs then take it from there.
How are you going to conver this one because it is non listed on the Leitax site, except that there seems to be a M42 solution.Not my favourite solution.

AlanS

except that there seems to be a M42 solution
Yes, that would be the one. Not sure if I will go that way yet, have some other options (non Contax) I want to try first.

And what a fine shot it is, Piotr.
Excellent !

Kind regards.
Thank you :) 52B is very fine lens, very small and ultra sharp and very easy to focus manually AND with pentax have automatic aperture control :)
Developing in Capture one 10 it is just great :). but for complicated distortion lenses like FA 20, SilkyPix do better job. And unfortunately C1 is not so flexible as LR +Mogrify 2 when it comes to export and logo

AlanS

So I had my first outing this morning, went quite well. Only have the 50mm f1.4 SMC Takumar at the moment (waiting for some mounts to arrive) but stopped down a little works well & stopped a lot is surprisingly good. The M42 to K adapter is a bit of a pain as I didn't realise it stops on the body not the lens, see what you mean Michiel. (will have a look and see if anyone makes a 3rd party adapter that does). Anyway here is the 1st (pixelshifted) more to follow.....

K-1 50mm f1.4 SMC Takumar, River Wear.

AlanS

2 pixelshift shots processed in RawTherapee (easy) and merged in Lightroom.
K-1 50mm f1.4 SMC Takumar, River Wear. (old A68 roadbridge over the Weir, replaced by modern bridge, so nice and quiet now).

tsjanik

...... The M42 to K adapter is a bit of a pain as I didn't realise it stops on the body not the lens, see what you mean Michiel. (will have a look and see if anyone makes a 3rd party adapter that does). ......
Alan, if you remove the spring and pin from the adaptor(this is reversible), the adapter will remain on the lens, making a lens change from an M42to K very easy. Of course the M42 will not lock in place, but in my experience, the fit is so good that that is not an issue.

Tom

AlanS

K-1, Tamron 90mm SP ADP2 (52B) pixelshift
Top thumb rest, 1925 Conn New Wonder Tenor Sax.

AlanS

Piotr, how have you set up the camera to use automatic aperture control with the Tamron? I seem to be only able use it on M and press the green button.
Alan