The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with images taken with the Pentax K1

Quentin_Bargate

In the "Fun with MF Images" thread in the medium format forum, I have posted comparison shots taken with the K1 and Pentax 15-30mm lens, pixel shifted, and the Fuji GFX and 32-64mm Fujinon lens. Interesting exercise...

AlanS

Yes I have Tom, lots to like but I find RawTherapee nails movement (especially water which I shoot a lot). I use Lightroom as my main s/w and on static subjects works very well.

tsjanik

Yes I have Tom, lots to like but I find RawTherapee nails movement (especially water which I shoot a lot). I use Lightroom as my main s/w and on static subjects works very well.
Alan:

It's good to know that RawTherapee handles movement well; movement seems to be the Achilles heal of pixel shift. Another question: is it possible to use only one of the four exposures involved in pixel shift? I ask since that if so, that single image could be applied as a layer with a mask to correct any movement artifacts.

Thanks,

Tom

Last edited:

AlanS

is it possible to use only one of the four exposures involved in pixel shift?
Sorry Tom, can't help you with that one. Not something I have needed yet so I have not even looked to see if it is possible.

AlanS

There is a ton of option in RT could you say what setting of demosaic is proper for PS?
If you have the correct version of RawTherapee, look at the 'Raw' tab and under demosaicing it will say 'Amaze' (the default), scroll down to pixelshift and off you go.

Norm N

A street photo in the park, ( 28-105mm) it's much better than I thought it would be, given the low price.):

Grlin Washprk-0034.jpg

Last edited:

AlanS

K-1, Irix 15mm f2.4, River Weir.
As a point of interest, the line of rocks in the river were the bank defences before the winter of 2015/16! Massive erosion and movement of the river course due to the incredibly wet winter.

If you have the correct version of RawTherapee, look at the 'Raw' tab and under demosaicing it will say 'Amaze' (the default), scroll down to pixelshift and off you go.
Ok I definitely have wrong version. I've tried to find proper one but failed. There is topic on RT forum about PS but I'm not shure if there is it. Could you be so kind and show me proper version?
And a Picture!:
K1 + FA 20mm 2.8 1/4s hand-held