The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with images taken with the Pentax K1

Something a little bit different:
I biought Laowa also for panoramas.
Kraków Main Square Little Planet.
24 shots 60 degree horizontally 45 degree vertically 3 lines plus up and down :)
at the end panorama is quite big :)

OFC all processing lost alot of data but sill 1:1 is quite good

Best

WildRover

This is the same bit of rocks as my posted 645D image in the Medium Format section. I had the interval parameters set wrong for this one, but was able to salvage this.

Rick

K-1, 15-30mm @ 15mm, sky - about 100 30 sec interval shots, ISO 800, f/2.8. Foreground taken when not completely dark, 80 sec, f/10, ISO 100. Blended in Photoshop. Many, many, many white dots. Spent way too much time spotting them out.

Attachments

Last edited:

AlanS

First time in over 3 months I've been out with the "big rig" this morning.
Usual attack by the midges (main reason I don't shoot in summer) but survived!
K-1, Sigma 35mm f1.4 art, Hamsterley Forest.....

AlanS

K-1, Sigma 35mm f1.4 art, Hamsterley Forest
2 Images, pixel shift in Rawtherapee, stitched in Lightroom & processed in SEP2. Not as much work as it sounds!

AlanS

Alan, I should try my Helios 85 once with an extension tube!
Hi Michiel, I am assuming you mean to allow closer focus to throw the background out of focus? If so then I think that would be an interesting experiment. Also I am not aware of any recent work (there may be older stuff I have no knowledge of) that you use shallow dof? I would be interested to see your vision of it's use.

Michiel Schierbeek

Hi Michiel, I am assuming you mean to allow closer focus to throw the background out of focus? If so then I think that would be an interesting experiment. Also I am not aware of any recent work (there may be older stuff I have no knowledge of) that you use shallow dof? I would be interested to see your vision of it's use.
Hi Allen, well actually I mean that I can't use this huge lens directly on the K-1 because it just doesn't fit due to the overhanging mirrorbox. I have more M42 lenses which don't fit on the K-1.
A bit of a design failure I think.

In the early years on this forum I did almost nothing else then post bokeh photographs with a zillion different lenses. You can still find them in the early pages of the Micro4/3 department in the bokeh thread.

Examples with the wrong camera :facesmack:

(Another M42 lens which doesn, t fit on the K-1 body.)

AlanS

well actually I mean that I can't use this huge lens directly on the K-1
I forgot about the pentaprism housing, makes perfect sense. I had not seen the shallow dof work of yours only the later front to back sharp work. I myself always tried for full sharpness in all my landscape work, but over the last few years have been enjoying experimenting with shallow dof.

AlanS

From this morning, the joy of retirement!
K-1, Sigma 35mm f1.4 art, Egglestone burn, C1 & SEP2