The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with images taken with the Pentax K1

K1 + F35-70mm bargin lens.
This lens have a lack of hard contrast but a lot of micro contrast. What is great in digital time when contrast is not a issue during processing.
Colors also are great.
So this is happines: toys from my childhood. If you squeeze them they make funny cracky sound.

AlanS

Pentax K-1, Sigma 35mm f1.4 art, River Wear.

Well Winters on it's way, from this morning...

K1 DA* 55 [email protected] it is great lens. AF work nice but sloow. I make direct comparison Canon 6D + ART 50mm 1.4 and K1 + 55mm and canon AF beat K1 as boofed Rick. :)
Picture is uncropped to show how huch vignette there is:

Today some for-fun fotoreportage from our Contemporary Music Festival Sacrum Profanum.

Some times ago I bought Sigma 70-200 2.8 EX II. Cheap around 515 USD.
It is one of my favorite lens :)
Why?
It is just good (AF is so so but is not a big issue) but it is much lighter than Pentax 70-200 tank

And reds. Finaly taking photo of red details I could get details it is a little wow for Pentax system

But as there is still no good 24 prime I mostly use DFA 24-70 (in reality 24-50 for close-up -focus breathing).

When we go Wide we go wild :) 12mm Laowa - only issue field curvature at 2.8 so if set to infinity corners are so so.

Bigger photos are herehttp://www.krochmal.eu/Journalism/2017/Sacrum-Profanum-2017/

Michiel Schierbeek

For the quiet corner :):D Seems like most people moved on to the next big thing or are disappointed wih Pentax's total absence in developing anything new. Lenses!

So I just bought the old SMC Pentax 28mm f/3.5. It is a good and sharp lens. but has lots of vignetting (easy to solve) and a bit complicated distortion. I use the lens profile for the Pentax. 28/3.5 M42. Works quiet good after some extra manual correction. I think I prefer the Zeiss 25/2.8 for my kind of work.

SMC Pentax 28mm f/3.5

Definitely fun post. As made on holiday.
Goa. Pentax K1 + F 35-70 In my humble opinion very nice street photo (beach).
funny thing is if you move from 70 to 35 mm lens is getting longer :).
@ 70mm

@ 35mm

Sigma 70-200 2.8 EX II was taken as I didn't found and bought descent small af tele*.

* I got one during trip (GAS in action) it but it is in Poland so I will check it next week

SMC Pentax-F 80-200mm F4.7-5.6 Lens. Small affrodable FF zoom - constant size as zooming is internal and during AF size almost stay same.
Weight? 295g :) Today I got it in my hand.
This lens is bought for fun.