The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with images taken with the Pentax K1

raycox

Just a little too quiet around here! Took the K1 out for a walk, left the tripod home.
CZ Distagon 25/2.8ZF Leitaxed @F6.3 15thsec ISO 800 "Parade of Lights"

Attachments

tsjanik

Composite: sky, 14mm Rokinon; road: Pentax 28-105mm (a wonderful lens BTW). Both images taken in Utah.

Tom

Road to the Milky Way_IMG0315 copy.jpg

raycox

I decided to try something a little different. I purchased a Lomography Daguerrreotype Achromat 2.9/64. Experimenting with it on the spring blooms. Closest focus with the f/4 plate.

Attachments

raycox

Still having fun with the K1. I recently photographed a play. This image of the orchestra members was captured with only the light that you see. Captured at 1/80 f5.6 @ 12800 iso with the Pentax DA 60-250 lens @ 220mm. The resulting raw image appeared to be seriously under exposed. A trip through Adobe Camera Raw and Photoshop produced this image.

Attachments

AlanS

It is a shame as it is a great camera. I only sold mine as I can only justify one "main" camera, but the files are great from it. I am just going through my back catalogue and picking out the ones I missed for processing.

tsjanik

It is a shame as it is a great camera. I only sold mine as I can only justify one "main" camera, but the files are great from it. I am just going through my back catalogue and picking out the ones I missed for processing.
Indeed it is a great camera. PS is amazing when it can be used; I've done a few comparisons to my 645Z files and the K-1 using PS has less noise. Unlike you Alan I seem incapable of selling my equipment :). Recent shot of an Oriole.

_IMG1632 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

tsjanik

Every now and then I do take pictures with this camera. I mainly use the Z. But the body is great; small and sturdy.

FA 31
Michiel, have you used pixel shift often? In my experience, the K-1 PS files rival the Z and have less noise. Your series seems a perfect application of PS.
Tom

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel, have you used pixel shift often? In my experience, the K-1 PS files rival the Z and have less noise. Your series seems a perfect application of PS.
Tom
Only now I see this Tom. I have been traveling through Spain for a long time with a camper.
To answer your question; I only used PS a few times and that is a shame, but I am just to lazy to walk around with a tripod.

Almería, Spain with the Lmt 31

tsjanik

Michiel:

I understand. I don't use my K-1 often, but PS is worthwhile when possible. Shots below (pre-dawn) are K-1 witn 28-105mm using PS and 645Z with 80-160mm. Z shot has more resolution but the K-1 has much less noise. Approximate same angle of view in both, heavy crops.
Tom

Attachments