The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with images taken with the Pentax K1

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel:

I understand. I don't use my K-1 often, but PS is worthwhile when possible. Shots below (pre-dawn) are K-1 witn 28-105mm using PS and 645Z with 80-160mm. Z shot has more resolution but the K-1 has much less noise. Approximate same angle of view in both, heavy crops.
Tom
Interesting. A bit strange, I see the K-1 picture has ISO 2500 and the 645 only 200. Never ebcounter so much noise @ ISO 200. Probably false information and both shot @ 2500?

tsjanik

Interesting. A bit strange, I see the K-1 picture has ISO 2500 and the 645 only 200. Never ebcounter so much noise @ ISO 200. Probably false information and both shot @ 2500?
It's a mystery to me too. This is the only time I had both cameras and did a test. I am suspecious about the ISO, but my wife had been using the K-1 so it's possible. Note the f stop and exposure time of each image are almost equivalent, despite the high ISO difference, so inaccrate info is possible. I was surpised by the noise too -
no explanation.

D&A

I just came across these shots of yours Tom. Is it also possible the K-1 had noise reduction turned on? Again not having worked with the K-1, I am asking this question blindly. Also for whatever reason, its hard to believe the 645Z shot was at ISO 200 (recorded inaccurately)?

Dave (D&A)

I just came across these shots of yours Tom. Is it also possible the K-1 had noise reduction turned on? Again not having worked with the K-1, I am asking this question blindly. Also for whatever reason, its hard to believe the 645Z shot was at ISO 200 (recorded inaccurately)?

Dave (D&A)
IMHO it look like Clarity MAX Structure MAX, Sharpness MAX issue.

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/image-comparison?attr18=daylight&attr13_0=pentax_k1&attr13_1=pentax_k1ii&attr13_2=pentax_645z&attr13_3=sony_a7riv&attr15_0=raw&attr15_1=raw&attr15_2=raw&attr15_3=raw&attr16_0=3200&attr16_1=3200&attr16_2=3200&attr16_3=3200&attr126_0=1&attr126_1=1&attr126_3=1&normalization=full&widget=1&x=0&y=0

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
The smoother shot has visible motion blur from a much longer exposure. Something is not right, or is merely mislabeled.

Matt

tsjanik

Mea culpa, I hadn't looked at these images in some time. I checked the RAW 645 file, that shot is about 3 stops underexposed, hence the noise. The crop posted below is from a properly exposed ISO 200 645 file taken at the same time and it has considerably less noise in the sky, comparable to that in the ISO 2500 PS file; it also suffers from some camera movement. Included is an uncropped image of the overall scene to give a sense of scale.

Attachments

jotloob

Subscriber Member
It's particularly difficult to shelter when you live alone 😂

"You know, that is the fifth time that you have told me that same story, but it does get better every time!"

K1 with FA 77 1.8

Stay safe and sane, Ray
That looks to be one and the same person . Or am I wrong here ? ? ? :bugeyes:

mysshkin

Quentin -
My 35FA f2 is doing fine. But enough about lenses!
The question is about color. Why are your shots radiant an mine so blah??
robert