The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

K1 max exposure time?

M

mjr

Afternoon

I am very close to picking up a K1, can anyone tell me the max exposure time in bulb mode? Will it shoot for an hour for example?

Many thanks.

Mat

tsjanik

This implies indefinite:

"B ("Bulb"): Aperture is set with the rear e-dial. The shutter stays open for as long the shutter button is held down. What we particularly like is that a custom function can change this behavior so that the first press of the shutter release opens the shutter and the next press closes the shutter. The same behavior can be obtained when using the infrared remote control. This makes for much more convenient night shooting"

http://www.pentaxforums.com/reviews/pentax-k-1-review/exposure-modes.html

Paul2660

Yes, standard bulb like all other cameras.

However you might be able to also control the camera longer than 30" via the intervalometer, I am still needing to check this. That would be just another "game changer". (sorry couldn't resist)

The external intervalometer I have works fine, but there are times I would rather run on the internal one.

Paul C