The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Question on exposure bracketing for Pentax K1

Paul2660

I prefer to bracket in M mode by fixing an aperture and altering the shutter speed, but with the Pentax K1 it seems that in M mode with bracketing selected, the camera will alter both the aperture and shutter speed.

The only way I can find to keep the aperture constant, is to move to Av mode, this fixes the aperture during the bracketing. However the camera will select a shutter speed that it feels is the the correct one to start with. I can live with this, but would rather have the ability to bracket from M mode. With Nikon or Canon, you can set your starting point for the exposure, then fire off the bracket.

Just curious if there is a custom setting that would let me bracket in M mode, with aperture remaining constant?

Thanks
Paul C

anGy

Hi Paul,
I see no setting to let you do it the way you want to.
But it seems logical: Av is made for setting aperture manually and let the camera adjust speed, M is made for setting both speed and aperture manually. So its a normal behavior for auto braketing to modify both S and Av in M mode and S only in Av mode.
It's just acting like a human would use those modes.