The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Examples of Silkypix vs LR on Pixel shift conversions (cross posted)

Hey,
there is rev.8 of SilkyPix software, as I make some fast interior photos for my friend (need it for rental) I do all photos PS.
Went back home and make RAW development in new shiny SilkyPix.
I use K1 + FA 20mm as many know it have sombrero like distortion. But SP have nice distortion compesation tool with two sliders main and center.
So I was able to remove it quite fast.
How good SP is? look here:

Bugleone

But is 'Silkypix' really a practical solution yet?....do you still have to spend extra to make the K1 properly usable and give up it's potential?....whats happened with pentax?...have they seen the error of their ways yet?...or are they still selling at a bargain price only for the buyer to have to stump up more for the potential, like a Rolls Royce without any tyres.....??

raycox

But is 'Silkypix' really a practical solution yet?....do you still have to spend extra to make the K1 properly usable and give up it's potential?....whats happened with pentax?...have they seen the error of their ways yet?...or are they still selling at a bargain price only for the buyer to have to stump up more for the potential, like a Rolls Royce without any tyres.....??
Whew! What is your point here? Do you own a K1?
If you do you were able to purchase a very capable tool, that in the hands of a dedicated person, is very capable of outstanding performance for a reasonable price. Not unlike your analogy of a Rolls and missing tires, adding performance tires to this economy ride will make it perform with the best of them.

Be happy, smile, carry on! Make technically superior images with a Silkypix software upgrade. It's reasonably priced!

Regards, Ray

Quentin_Bargate

No, I don't have to do anything, but I chose to do so.

Bugleone

.........Well good for you!

Now, anyone got an intelligent and informed comment on where this matter has got to so far please? I have the money and desire to buy this camera but the situation of 6 months ago relating to the (doubtful) software forced me to hold on, or should that be 'off'..?.......keen to buy a good camera but not keen to buy an expensive doorstop that is incomplete as it stands.....

.........Bear in mind that I have to buy here in the UK at UK prices.

Paul2660

Just saw your post, it's the same place it was when I made my first post on it. No change. LR/Adobe has not made any improvement to their first attempt and C1/P1 has chosen not to work on this solution at all. Silkypix still does the best job, but I don't like the workflow and you can't save as a dng (last time I checked).

Paul Caldwell

Bugleone

Paul,...thanks for the update!

I could still be interested in the K-1 but see that Pentax/Richo are currently not in a good place....hopefully they will improve or re-think the implementation