The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Irix 15mm for Pentax

Paul2660

Hi Quentin

Looking forward to your results. I have been very impressed with my 15mm Irix. Most definitely a keeper.

Paul Caldwell

Quentin_Bargate

Intriguing lens. Lack of CA is a revelation. Not sure it is quite as sharp as the Pentax 15-30mm, but very close. Difficult to focus accurately, so care is needed. If you take the time to get the best from it, and particularly if you have tree branches at the edge of the frame, it is very good. That lack of CA is the remarkable feature. Well made, inexpensive, worth the money but take care to focus accurately. I will post a few samples soon.

Michiel Schierbeek

Quentin, That was exactly my problem; not easy to focus. Took me a while but with care the results are very good. How do you like the size :D?