The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Used 645Z

felix5616

seem to be plenty of used Pentax 645Z's for sale, wondering if maybe Pentax is getting ready to release a full frame CMOS MF camera. Anything new expected in the near future?

D&A

seem to be plenty of used Pentax 645Z's for sale, wondering if maybe Pentax is getting ready to release a full frame CMOS MF camera. Anything new expected in the near future?
Of course anything is possible (although I haven't heard anything yet)....but my guess is the next medium format camera from Pentax would possibly be a mirrorless, with the same 50MP Sony chip the 645z and Hasselblad X1D uses. It would of course have a new set of smaller compact lenses but would also allow most of the current Pentax 645 lenses to work with an adaptor, therefor initially making a wider range of focal lengths available upon the cameras release. I think there would be a bigger market (financial costs taken into consideration) for this type of camera as opposed to a full frame medium format digital. Guess we'll all have to wait and see.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

DougDolde

IMO people are dumping to raise cash for X1D. Or they just can't stand looking at the ugly thing anymore

D&A

IMO people are dumping to raise cash for X1D. Or they just can't stand looking at the ugly thing anymore
Ugly? I don't think its so ugly...hmm, maybe pleasingly plump....LOL.

Isn't beauty supposed to be skin deep or in the eye of the beholder? I mean the 645z was ready to hit the street in near flawless operational form the moment it was first released. Cannot always say that about other beauties.

Now if you want to talk about ugly...I can talk about the cars I drive :).

Dave (D&A)

Michiel Schierbeek

Relax Doug; it is a very well designed camera witht that same sensor in it were everybody is still waiting for :ROTFL: :ROTFL: while lots of people are enjoying it allready for over a year.