The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentax KP

V

Vivek

The new low light champ with extended ISO higher than the A7s!

PENTAX KP

One other unique feature is the exchangeable grips that is offered with the camera.

raycox

Lawdy Miss Clawdy.

Hands up who remembers Kodachrome II.

Yes indeed! I would be so happy with a camera with good clean ISO 50! Tired of carrying ND filters, heck, even 64 would be good :)

This new camera must be for spelunkers without headlamps.

Petrochemist

Yes indeed! I would be so happy with a camera with good clean ISO 50! Tired of carrying ND filters, heck, even 64 would be good :)

This new camera must be for spelunkers without headlamps.
Both extremes would be useful to me.
I'd like to be able to shoot astro shots handheld which would want way more than ISO 1000000. However I believe the best I can expect will be single photon sensitivity so the tripod will still be needed for star shots.

On other occasions I've used extreme ND filters to give several minutes exposure in daylight without a pinhole. ISO 25 is still too sensitive for that. Surely a rolling line by line read/reset/repeat cycle could be built into cameras to give a decent low ISO simulator. It should be possible to have the camera average multiple cycles to reduce noise & give the effect of a long exposure, and if the read cycles can be quick enough to prevent highlight clipping that should prevent any rolling shutter issues. With the right processing it might be practical to boost the dynamic range significantly too.

I don't expect there'll ever be a single body that gives everything I'd like from a camera. From what I've the seen of the specs. the KP comes closer than many, but I can't say I like the looks of it, and living in the UK the name is nuts. :LOL:

V

Vivek

Depending on IQ of this camera it makes one excited for the performance of an A7sIII.
Speaking from earlier disappointments, I am confident that will not happen. Pentax seems to know how to get the maximum out of a Sony sensor. Sony still are content to be the largest imaging sensor makers in the world.

V

Vivek

From what I've the seen of the specs. the KP comes closer than many, but I can't say I like the looks of it, and living in the UK the name is nuts. :LOL:
KP = Kevin Peterson, ex England cricketer?!

The Pentax KP is good looking! :)

iiiNelson

Speaking from earlier disappointments, I am confident that will not happen. Pentax seems to know how to get the maximum out of a Sony sensor. Sony still are content to be the largest imaging sensor makers in the world.
Never say never. I didn't find anything objectionable about the A7s cameras except the megapixel count.