The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rumor K-II

Knorp

Loved my K5-IIs and the K1 is a stunner.
My guess for the K1-II: 42 MP sensor ... :watch:

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Though a DSLR is out of question for me, I will look forward to the K1 II.

Advancements from Pentax will only spur Sony to do better with their cameras! :)

tsjanik

Very interesting information from the link above. Apparently pixel shift can be used handheld while SR is functional.

"By coupling both features, Dynamic Pixel Shift Resolution can be effectively used during low light situations even without tripod. From the technology point of view, when you are using tripod, the Pixel Shift Resolution II images will produce higher resolution."

V

Vivek

After some thought, I think it is a promo gimmick with no benefits to the user.

The new one with a grip is about the same as the old used one plus the upgrade.

With the new body one gets a brand new mirror box, shutter/ shake mechanism and warranty.

If they offer the new board and the logo for $50 with DIY instructions to change it, now, that would have been “revolutionary”.

The offer, as is, is not monetarily beneficial to a current user.

That’s a pretty revolutionary decision by Pentax. Great deal for owners for sure.

iiiNelson

I was half expecting them to put the 42MP sensor in there. In any case I’d look at this camera hard if I was into DSLR’s.