Site Sponsors

Thread: Join us in Bryce and Moab for a Winter Shooter's Workshop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Join us in Bryce and Moab for a Winter Shooter's Workshop!

When: February 2nd through 7th, 2015!

Where: Bryce, Capital Reef, Canyonlands, Arches and Zion National Parks!

Details: We meet the first night (Feb 2nd) in Bryce, staying at Ruby’s inn. We shoot Bryce at Sunset that evening and Sunrise the next morning — hopefully there will be snow on the Bryce spires. After Breakfast at Ruby’s, we’ll check out and drive the scenic route to Moab through Capital Reef — we will photograph here only during the day as we drive through, in other words roadside landscapes. This will put us in Moab at around dinner time, too late to shoot. We will stay at the Moab Valley Inn for 3 nights, photographing Arches and Canyonlands parks. Then on Friday the 6th after breakfast, we drive back toward Las Vegas and spend our last night in Zion, photographing that afternoon. Note that this time of year, Zion canyon is going to be in its own shadow since the Sun rarely gets over the ridges, but it is also open to us to drive the main loop in our own vehicles and depending on weather/snow/skies could turn out to be a worthwhile addition — or a bust, won’t know until and unless we try We then depart Zion the next morning for Las Vegas and our respective flights home.

Note that this is designed as a shooter's trip and there will be only casual classroom where we work up images during off hours. As such, the price is also reduced from normal, $2,050/person for the 6 day, 5 night excursion. This fee covers the cost of your rooms and both breakfast and dinner each day.

PM me if you wish to join us, will be a lot of fun!
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Join us in Bryce and Moab for a Winter Shooter's Workshop!

So looking forward to this one and I have to apologize for the gap in workshops and timing. Too many life events happened in November for me and we pushed this too our favorite winter workshop in Moab. Great images to made here . Please join us for some fun and excitement.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

BTW workshop is a go. Anyone else. We have returning workshop folks. They just love these trips.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

At I dark hundred. GetDPI crew is officially heading for workshop. You can go ahead and kick yourself right now for not signing up. You missed the fun , you missed great images and worse you learned nothing . As they say WTF where you thinking. LOL

Be well everyone

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I wanted to follow up on this workshop as we just completed it and thought it would be a nice idea to show folks what we done image wise as the instructors on our workshops and also give you a idea of the places we visit during the time out shooting.

Here are several of mine from this trip

On a technical note all mine are processed in C1 and shot on my Sony A7r with lenses of 16-35 F4, Canon 24mm TSE, Mitikon 50, ZA 85 1.4 and Minolta 200mm 2.8 HS
    Last edited by Guy Mancuso; 8th February 2015 at 08:55.

Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Here are a few of mine. It was a very "target-rich" environment, and in looking through images it was evident that every participant got several outstanding images worthy of large print wall-hanger status! As an instructor, it was very satisfying helping them see just how much a composition could be improved by moving their tripod a few feet left or right, or maybe just a few inches taller or lower. What was perhaps more interesting for many of the participants was to see just how much additional could be pulled out of the files with a little help in processing them to optimal result. All of mine below are processed primarily with C1, ann all were shot with the D810 and either the Sigma 50 ART or Nikkor 17-35/2.8 zoom lenses:

Bryce Sunrise:

Green River Overlook, Sunrise:

Turret Arch, Sunrise:

Zion canyon, mid afternoon:

Even when the light didn't cooperate, we didn't do too bad -- LaSals, late afternoon:

And then sometimes it cooperated a little more -- Arches, Sunset:

Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post