The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My new Epson 3800

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well i have my printer up and running and it is almost deadly to my monitor just need a little better profile for it but what a nice printer. The last printer I had was a 2400 I believe and this just spanks it. My one big problem was size in a small office but i did some rearranging and some badly needed cleanup and it's rocking now. Also i had Jack walk me through some things which you can't go wrong than. LOL You wonder why he is my partner. LOL

One note to leopard users though is there is a beta leopard driver that you may want to use and it gives you the option to print in 16 bit. I found after you load the normal software than go back and delete the printer than add the new driver it works. if someone has questions on that ask Jack or myself on how to get the beta driver loaded up.

My only one issue is the receiving door will not latch after shipping. Not going to worry about it though

But again a really nice printer overall and can't wait to start printing some big prints for the workshop for viewing.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Congratulations on your new printer. It's a thing of beauty. Where did you find the Beta driver for Leopard?

Lisa

From what I've heard, a lot of people have been having problems with that latch not working. Mine is flaky, but usually works after a couple of attempts.

Other than that, it's been a great printer.

Lisa

quadtones

I posted this on the wrong thread! In the meantime, has anybody seen this? It's of interest to me, as I am about to replace a no longer operable Epson 1280 w/ CIS [not the first one I've worn out].

http://www.inkrepublic.com/3800.asp

Once available, this means I could use Piezography K7 inks with the 3800. Once their gloss optimizer becomes available, could be a terrific combination. I am thinking that, if there isn't metamerism with the Epson K3 inks, I could use those [If I'm correct a full set comes with the printer] on an interim basis, with QTR, and still get pretty good prints.

--Norm

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I am using USB and it is working great. Actually i am dead on perfect. Hard to believe. Thanks to Jack

quadtones

Thanks to all, particularly Guy and Jack [who addressed some issues on the "other" forum]...Great printer, with terrific B&W out of the box. After years of having to use Piezography to get decent tonal transitions, this is great, and I don't have to invalidate my warranty anymore. The latches work fine. My biggest problem setting it up was making certain I had removed all the myriad pieces of tape.

Norm Snyder

Greg Lockrey

From what I've heard, a lot of people have been having problems with that latch not working. Mine is flaky, but usually works after a couple of attempts.

Other than that, it's been a great printer.

Lisa
After my latch gave out, I use a couple of flat magnets that are used to hold labels on metal shelves. One glued on the printer and the other glued on the lid. Works like new.:)