Site Sponsors

Thread: My new Epson 3800

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

My new Epson 3800

Well i have my printer up and running and it is almost deadly to my monitor just need a little better profile for it but what a nice printer. The last printer I had was a 2400 I believe and this just spanks it. My one big problem was size in a small office but i did some rearranging and some badly needed cleanup and it's rocking now. Also i had Jack walk me through some things which you can't go wrong than. LOL You wonder why he is my partner. LOL

One note to leopard users though is there is a beta leopard driver that you may want to use and it gives you the option to print in 16 bit. I found after you load the normal software than go back and delete the printer than add the new driver it works. if someone has questions on that ask Jack or myself on how to get the beta driver loaded up.

My only one issue is the receiving door will not latch after shipping. Not going to worry about it though

But again a really nice printer overall and can't wait to start printing some big prints for the workshop for viewing.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: My new Epson 3800

Congratulations on your new printer. It's a thing of beauty. Where did you find the Beta driver for Leopard?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

From what I've heard, a lot of people have been having problems with that latch not working. Mine is flaky, but usually works after a couple of attempts.

Other than that, it's been a great printer.

Lisa

Post Thanks / Like

I posted this on the wrong thread! In the meantime, has anybody seen this? It's of interest to me, as I am about to replace a no longer operable Epson 1280 w/ CIS [not the first one I've worn out].

http://www.inkrepublic.com/3800.asp

Once available, this means I could use Piezography K7 inks with the 3800. Once their gloss optimizer becomes available, could be a terrific combination. I am thinking that, if there isn't metamerism with the Epson K3 inks, I could use those [If I'm correct a full set comes with the printer] on an interim basis, with QTR, and still get pretty good prints.

--Norm

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

That's the printer I want. Guy are you connecting via Ethernet, FireWire or USB?
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I am using USB and it is working great. Actually i am dead on perfect. Hard to believe. Thanks to Jack
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    I am using USB and it is working great. Actually i am dead on perfect. Hard to believe. Thanks to Jack
    That's good to hear! I'm doing the same. And in a few weeks, I'll even learn why!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all, particularly Guy and Jack [who addressed some issues on the "other" forum]...Great printer, with terrific B&W out of the box. After years of having to use Piezography to get decent tonal transitions, this is great, and I don't have to invalidate my warranty anymore. The latches work fine. My biggest problem setting it up was making certain I had removed all the myriad pieces of tape.

Norm Snyder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    From what I've heard, a lot of people have been having problems with that latch not working. Mine is flaky, but usually works after a couple of attempts.

Other than that, it's been a great printer.

Lisa
    After my latch gave out, I use a couple of flat magnets that are used to hold labels on metal shelves. One glued on the printer and the other glued on the lid. Works like new.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Great idea Greg. i will do that