Site Sponsors

Thread: Solving Recent Profiling Issues With Apple Computers

Deceased, but remembered fondly here... johnastovall's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Solving Recent Profiling Issues With Apple Computers

Excellent information from Mark Dudovoy on getting around the Color Management issues with Snow Leopard, Epson drivers and Photoshop.

Solving Recent Profiling Issues With Apple Computers Epson Printers and Photoshop

"The market wants a Leica to be a Leica: the inheritor of tradition, the subject of lore, and indisputably a mark of status to own."
    Mike Johnston

ddk

Re: Solving Recent Profiling Issues With Apple Computers

IMO its best to still remain with 10.5 or 10.4 for a while longer for all the bugs to be ironed out by apple and 3rd parties. Really, what's in 10.6 that you can't live without.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a very useful article (essential content, actually) for those using CS4 and Leopard or Snow Leopard. I don't print with Epson printers, but use Canon imagePROGRAF printers, but I still appreciate learning what's going on with these software/OS relationships.

David, as I read this, it's important info for users of CS4 and OS 10.5, as well as those who have updated to 10.6. I'm with you with regard to slower adoption of software/OS upgrades. I typically hang back from the updates for longer and longer with each new update these days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I agree this is a great link. However, if I'm not mistaken, it is important only to those engaged in making their own profiles or printing a target that will be used to create a custom profile. It's not something that should impact those using factory profiles.

Post Thanks / Like

Tim, that's correct. It affects the steps of one printing the target of color patches used to create the profile (custom profile), whether measured "in-house" or sent to a service.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

So that is why I didn't see the problem. That was my usual mode of operation anyway. Lucky I guess
    -bob

Post Thanks / Like

"IMO its best to still remain with 10.5 or 10.4 for a while longer for all the bugs to be ironed out by apple and 3rd parties. Really, what's in 10.6 that you can't live without."

Hi David

Amen.

Paul