The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Webhost recommendation for selling photos online

markwon

After a few inquiries for print purchases, it occurred to me that having a website where they could simply make the purchase and order the print directly would be a smart move for future transactions.

I am familiar with SmugMug and Zenfolio, but only as photo galleries, could some of you comment on these sites re print sales and payment/cart management? I don't need anything robust or professional, just something that would enable periodic visitors to make purchases and payment directly through the site.

FYI--I'm currently using LR2.5 for all pp and have my photos on flickr/LFI.

Poadawg

I tried out both and chose Zenfolio in the end. They've been outstanding on every level! As for selling. I've sold very little through the site and find people really want to 'see' the images in person before they are comfortable buying. But I photograph travel, wildlife and poeple primarily so it would be very different if you did weddings. Zenfolio would perfect for this type of photography business since you can set up packages, pricelists, etc and all the printing is done through Mpix which is very reliable. Zen has a free trial I would recommend. Hope this helps

Peter

<a href="http://www.photopoa.com" target="_blank">Peter Stanley Photography</a> | <a href="http://www.facebook.com/photopoa" target="_blank">Facebook</a> | Zenfolio 10% off code: HQ4-WJD-WHY

Poadawg

Just wanted to update this post.... It's Nov.2013 and I'm still happily using Zenfolio. Do yourself a favor and don't waist your time with other services. Really, it's been a great ride for me and I still highly recommend them.