The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Figures...

etrigan63

After all the trouble I went through to get my R800 to work on the network shared between my Mac and the PC's, it goes and dies on me. Well, it worked well for a really long time. I have just ordered an HP B9180 to replace it. Guess that makes me a bit of heretic around all you dyed-in-the-wool Epson guys.

I'll let you know how it works out.

etrigan63

Well, it arrived this morning. Setup was pretty much on autopilot. Just plug it in and follow the prompts on the LCD display. It came with some 8x10 glossy paper, but I ordered a couple of boxes of 4x6 for snapshot printing to start. I wonder if HP has a high-end paper sampler so I can try out the various Hahnemule offerings.

My Mac detected it via Bonjour and setup all of the drivers automatically. Vista drivers were on a separate CD but also installed without issues. I have test printed from LR 1.4 and Aperture 2.1. Easy peasey and the colors matched my calibrated screen perfectly.

etrigan63

Here's a bit of fun: I went to the HP support site to see if there were any newer drivers for Leopard (there aren't) and discovered that there was a firmware update for the printer. I downloaded the updater (Mac compatible thru Leopard) and detached my printer from the network and connected it via USB. mac detected the printer but the updater could not. Ended up having to plug it into the wife's PC, set it up as a local USB printer and run the Windows version of the updater. Worked fine there.

I think 10.5.2 broke something. I have to find a link on the HP site to let them know.