Site Sponsors

Thread: Help with new R2880 printer?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Help with new R2880 printer?

Well, I decided that I had to have a printer, so I got the Epson 2880. I have installed Epson's new drivers and their Premium profiles. After i added teh Premium profiles, my colors are much, much better, but the prints a all a bit dark. How do I make an adjustment to save so that all images are adjusted a bit lighter? Exposure, brightness, curves, what? Thanks for any help.
    I still hope that I can get the 3880 in the Spring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Help with new R2880 printer?

Somebody help. Please

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Durr,

Are you having trouble with color or B&W? Very different solutions, from my experience. If you are printing B&W with the ABW option, I believe the standard setting (and I'm coming from the PC world, so the exact setting name/location is likely different on a Mac and I'm also writing this from memory, since I'm not at my home computer) is "Neutral" (for the tone...like Warm, Cool etc) and "Darker". I always find the "Darker" setting is much too dark and I start with "Normal"....that should get you much closer for B&W.

If Color, there are a couple of settings if you are using the No Color Adjustment option for increasing the Brightness and/or Contrast of the print itself. You could obviously pump up the Brightness by 10-20% and see how that looks.

Hope this helps a little. Good luck and congratulations on the 2880! Great price on that printer right now.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Gary. I will give it a try. One more question. I downloaded the Epson Premium profiles by their instructions. Now when I open PS or LR or Aperture the profile windows and icons pop up on my desktop. What's up with that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

That's not something I've encountered. Maybe someone else who is using a Mac can help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Now, I have screwed something up. I was trying to eliminate the popups by deleting the printers software and reinstalling. NOW it won't print at all. error: rastertoescpll failed

PLEASE HELP

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Never mind I figured it out myself.