The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Just put up a new website...

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Very nice site...

As an aside are you using a vacuum frame with you platinum printing?

Bob

D

DougDolde

How come the mouse arrow turns to a cursor when I mouse over "click here" ?

JimCollum

ah.. the text box is set to 'selectable'.. i'll set it to not, and the cursor goes away

thanks all!

M5-Guy, you weren't able to see any images? which browser/version?

Terry

Hi Jim,
I looked at this at work on a Windows machine running IE and it looked good except the font on the hometown page looked pretty wonky. So, I waited to get home to see if it looked the same on my Mac. It looks correct on my Mac so not sure if it is a font choice issue. I can try and do a screen print for you from my office tomorrow if you want to see it.

Other than that I love the layout and the simplicity.

One more note on the iPad you just get a plain white page. Is there any way to put anything on the front page that isn't flash so the viewer knows what is going on?

JimCollum

Hi Jim,
I looked at this at work on a Windows machine running IE and it looked good except the font on the hometown page looked pretty wonky. So, I waited to get home to see if it looked the same on my Mac. It looks correct on my Mac so not sure if it is a font choice issue. I can try and do a screen print for you from my office tomorrow if you want to see it.

Other than that I love the layout and the simplicity.

One more note on the iPad you just get a plain white page. Is there any way to put anything on the front page that isn't flash so the viewer knows what is going on?

the font is Verdana, which is a pretty common font. I'm not sure how it works on a windows machine (the windows flash viewer).. the html page brings up the swf files as 100%. when resized, the fonts are also automatically resized,and should look like fully aliased fonts (at least on my mac it does). any other windows users see odd font displays when resizing the window?

i'll modify the .html java code to detect the ipad,iphone. High on the to-do list is to have ipad/iphone users directed to a page where they can get an app to download from itunes (learning how to code an iphone app at this moment)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Jim, nice job, and as expected your portfolio is fantastic (yeah, i'm one of the silent fans :toocool:).
A question though: is the liquid layout option on purpose? Having the photos automatically resizing along with the browser window sure allows to always see the image in full, OTOH you can't control the viewing quality. Personally i find that the resizing algorythm is kinda loose and the apparent IQ suffers from "a little bit" to "a lot", depending on the actual size. And this goes for your great photos, in a detrimental way.

Just a thought :)