The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

HELP with Epson R2880 printer

durrIII

I have had pretty good success with my new 2880 printer until now. I was printing several 13x19 prints for a swap and the photo black ran out in the middle of my 7th print. It was brand new! Also, when i took the cartridge out, it looked as tho' the cartridge was starting to leak ink. Is this the clogging that I have heard about and what do I do about it? Thanks. I really need to get the other prints done asap!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Durr,

I don't have that printer so cannot answer specifically, so hopefully somebody with more experience can comment. I did have a 2400 several years back, and from your description, I would say it sounds like a faulty cartridge. It could have been a clog, and then it leaked when you removed it because it still had ink, but I doubt it. The only other comment I can add is that I do recall my 2400's inks not lasting for very many 13x19 prints, but I also recall it not letting you print if a cartridge got too low on ink forcing you to replace it before proceeding.

durrIII

Hi Jack,
Wouldn't you know that was my last photo black cartridge? I ordered some more ink last night and will see what happens. Thanks for your reply and advice.
Durr

Hi DurrIII

The Epson 2880 cartridge ink capacity is only about 11-12 ML. When I was running a 2200 (14 ML cartridge), I always kept a spare full set of cartridges so as not to run out in the middle of printing. It's the primary drawback of this particular printer. On the other hand, the image quality is really good with proper color management. Atlantic Exchange (ATLEX) has good prices on printing supplies and they do a good job of packing the paper.

Paul