The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Special Announcement: GetDPI Printing Services : Please Read

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Hello Everyone,

GetDPI is announcing a new venture for our members and I am here to tell you about some idea’s we have to get this rolling out. As owners and instructors at our famed GetDPI workshops we always see the need for better raw processing and printing. So as a service to our members Jack and I wanted to start a new printing service and also include a raw processing service. First lets chat about raw processing services. What we plan to offer to our members is to get your raw files and actually process the files out ready for print work. As a service bureau the idea is to get your raw files in perfect balance to the print process. Between the combination of processing your files than taking them directly to our industrial leading ink jet printers to make custom prints for our members. Most printing houses will just take your file and make the most of them, here at GetDPI we give you the option to actually let us process the raw’s to get them optimized and ready for print. During this process of Raw processing we can send out a digital file for your approval before taking them to print and also give you the option to crop and make changes to the file or let us do it as we seem best for your file. This raw processing service will start at 49 dollars to process the file and depending on time on further development of the file beyond basic color corrections, dust bunnies and such will charge on a hourly rate of 75 dolarrs per image. We will keep you very aware of any changes needed or recommended and you can direct us to what needs to be done on your files.
Also we are providing a custom printing service up to 24 inch in width to whatever your desired output size maybe. We will start our price points at 10x10 paper sixe and go up from there. This is all custom printing and either final tiff file provided by customer and tweaked for print by us at the printing stage or customer can ask us to actually process the raw file to your specs. The whole concept is we are taking printing way beyond what your normal printing output house will provide. We can start the process right at the root level and build a perfectly balanced color corrected final print.
In the coming weeks we will be rolling out price lists and further details on the services we can provide. Who better to run this operation than the folks that actually teach it. We will also be putting on a workshop here in Arizona in the coming months with a shoot and printing module that will take you further to getting perfectly well done printing for your own needs. To contact us please use our new e-mail for printing services [email protected].
Effective immediately this service is in place and we will get into all the details very soon here to post on the forum.
Looking forward to hearing from you all on your needs in this area.
Thanks Jack and Guy

P.S. Special note ALL workshop attendees get a immediate 15 Percent off on all services. Our way of saying thanks for the years of support.

Ben Rubinstein

Tell you what, you can process wedding photos for me, I'll upload around 400 RAW files to you, you process and send the sidecar files back to me. I require the processing to be in either LR or ACR 6.1 and using my colour profiles and I'll pay about $0.30 per image.

You interested?

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Actually seriously thinking about outsourcing wedding processing as my main competitor has done but as Marc once said a long time on another board, "if we weren't so anal retentive about our own processing.." :)

Good luck in your endevour, I realise it's worlds away from my kind of stuff, completely different ballgame. Hope it works for you and all the best!

Last edited:

bradhusick

I can't think of anybody else I'd rather have process and print than Guy and Jack! Good luck in the venture.