The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Epson 9900 warranty

jlm

Workshop Member
Egad! my year warranty is about up, but I was offered an extension by my dealer

If you are interested in extending your warranty we would need to process that order by 7/28/10. The 2yr is $1375.00 and 1 yr for $775.00.

Opinions?

jlm

Workshop Member
basically no problems, except once i think a low humidity environment (typical NY winter heating) caused a blip or two in reading the paper edge as i recall, and after some factory phone calls eventually the problem went away, blamed on the extra static in the dry air.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Then I'd say it's a tough call. A typical service call is about $350 plus parts if you pay out of pocket.

Other comment is Epson is likely to introduce a new design photo printer pretty shortly. I have not heard much about it other than it is "solvent technology" based. Given that their current inks are already solvent-based, I have no idea what the heck it could mean...

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
maybe "solvent" refers to their financial status from ink cost? ;)
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

No kidding. Wish I could sell huge quantities of something in the $2,000 a gallon range...

The only Epson printer that uses Solvent Based inks is the SPGS6000, a 64" printer. All other printers are aqueous (water) and glycerine based, so if there us a new Solvent Based printer coming out it will most probably be something in the 44" range and will not be replacing current models.