Site Sponsors

Thread: 4800 Dmax

xmishx

4800 Dmax

My 4800 isn't giving me the full range prints that I used to get earlier in the year. I have quite a few carts that are low in ink, and a few that have had the expiration date go by. I was told on another list that I should pull the carts, give them a shake to move the pigments around, reinsert and run the printer for awhile. This sounds to be good advice, but does anyone have any idea how many 8x5 x 11 prints I'd need to run to get the newly shaken ink thru the lines to the head? Any other possible solutions anyone can think of?

Thanks,

Ted
    --
    www.mishimaphotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: 4800 Dmax

No idea on how many prints you'd need to do to clear the lines, but the gentle shake is something I used to do with my 7600 when it had sat idle for a while.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

xmishx

And Jack, this helped with the problem of dmax?

Thanks,

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    No idea on how many prints you'd need to do to clear the lines, but the gentle shake is something I used to do with my 7600 when it had sat idle for a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by xmishx View Post
    And Jack, this helped with the problem of dmax?

Thanks,

Ted
    It was a long time ago and I really don't recall anything specific about a DMax problem, but I know I agitated tanks every few months... Sorry I can't be of more help.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."