The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New epson 7890 and 9890 -- why?

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
No way would I consider a ipf6100 over a 7890. Ipf 6300 maybe but the 6100 while very good still suffered from too much gloss differential and to me the Epson does better with flesh tones.
Clogging is an issue with all printers. If you leave it off for several weeks, it may require some cleaning. The canon hides it's clogs very well, but over the long term you either spend money on ink cleaning the epson, or you spend money replacing heads on the canon. To me the Epson is built much better, is designed go handle media easier (especially rolls) and still has slightly better output than the 6300 (although both have fantastic output. )

Vincent Goetz

Subscriber Member
like my 7900 and note that the cleaning issue is ongoing. That said, the quality of the prints made the expense worthwhile. Just wish the ink was cheaper...

K

Kent_Taylor

Thanks for the input Wayne & Vincent. I'd love to go with the 7900 but the budget being what it is, I'll be going with the 7890. Once I've built up some experience I'll upgrade then.