The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What's Going on with Paper Stock?

Double Negative

Not Available
Is it just me? I've noticed that companies like Canon, Epson, HP - even Ilford and others are shifting their papers around.

It seems 8.5x11" (letter) sized paper is the new standard; forget all the traditional sizes like 8x10", 11x14", etc. You can still get 4x6" all day long, but even 5x7" is becoming a bit of an odd duck. On the big end, you have 11x17", 13x19" and 17x22" but even that's dicey.

The major printer company papers like Canon, Epson, HP... Heck, even Kodak and Staples brands are seemingly shifting around. I checked itsupplies.com for some Ilford Galerie paper and even that's looking grim. Many papers say "While supplies last" if there's even a size you want.

WTF? Now I have to trim everything I print? Waste all that expensive paper in the form of cuttings on the floor? Not to mention time spent (wasted). I don't even see the old school perforated edge stuff anymore.

I guess I'll have to check the aspect ratio of my next camera and see if there's a LTR mode. :banghead: